• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should the NHS pay for the consequences of you eating pie?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food is going up in price so fast that there will be far fewer fatties around in the future. However, the skinny ones amongst us would have died of starvation and hypothermia first though. So it is best to be a porker now in the hope you will survive in the dark times to come.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      ummmmmm banoffee pie

Who gave me the recipe the other day which I have now lost?

Any chance you could post it again for me? I promise I won't lose it this time..... honest!!
      This is the one: http://forums.contractoruk.com/565893-post14.html

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      I promise I won't lose it this time..... honest!!
      Be more careful - this information is too important to misplace! Not like Government CDs...
      Last edited by voodooflux; 25 June 2008, 11:29.
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
        This is the one: http://forums.contractoruk.com/565893-post14.html
        Be more careful - this is information is too important to misplace! Not like Government CDs...
        Thank you very much Voodooflux
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
          Or perhaps they're just plain greedy and slovenly.
          I think the problem is that it's not just one thing. For me it was just sitting about in front of PCs all day not eating the right thing, take this example:

If you eat 100kcal a day more than you burn (i.e. a bag of Quavers)

- that's 700kcals a week
          - that's 3500kcals a month, which equals 1lb of fat
          - that's 12 lbs weight gain a year
          - over 10 years that's 8.5 stone

So you don't have to 'overeat' to get fat, you just have to do it a little bit over a long time. So watch out all you 20-something desk jockeys.... When i was 18 years old I was 12.5 stone. By the time I was 35 I was 21.5 stone.

Luckily I put in the work, and I'm back down in the teens again.
          Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Should the NHS pay for the consequences of you eating pie?

If the NHS pays for the pie I'll face the consequences.
            Last edited by voodooflux; 25 June 2008, 11:28.
            Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
              Food is going up in price so fast that there will be far fewer fatties around in the future. However, the skinny ones amongst us would have died of starvation and hypothermia first though. So it is best to be a porker now in the hope you will survive in the dark times to come.
              Nope, the skinny ones can just steal food off the fat ones.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                The thing is cheap food is full of fat. The price of food will make more people fat. As someone who is fairly lazy and likes Fish n Chips, indian takeaway, chinese and cakes (not all at once), I can't understand how people get really fat. If you put on a stone then cut down. The proper fatties without medical conditions are just eating out of control while sitting around doing nothing, if they want an early grave then fine but it's in their hands or mouths at it were.
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  The proper fatties without medical conditions are just eating out of control while sitting around doing nothing, if they want an early grave then fine but it's in their hands or mouths at it were.
                  The problem is that it's cheaper to pay for medicines to help them diet than it is to treat the diabetes/cardiac arrests/colon cancers etc that come later. So while it may appear unfair, it works out cheaper for everyone.

Comment

Or maybe if the doctors advised them not to eat takeaways and red meat for a few months.
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                      Or maybe if the doctors advised them not to eat takeaways and red meat for a few months.
                      When I was fat, my quack advised me not to have milk in my tea. Thanks doc.

Comment

Working...
                      X