• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The official CUK Glastonbury 2008 thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope you have someway to identify your tent, either smell or visual. Nothing worse than trying to find a eurohike tent in a field full of them. Especially if the field was half empty when you put it up!
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I think at some point today I officially passed my longest ever hangover.

Was worth it though ...
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

where did you camp snaw?

I was up on Hitchin Hill but spent far too much time in Trash City and Green Fields which I know makes no sense..
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Twas a good weekend. Raconteurs and Kings of Leon V V good. Spent much time at the G Stage too. The most apt smilie I can find is

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Did anyone else catch Leonard Cohen? That was the surprise standout for me, 72 year old holding the crowd in the palm of his hand.

Comment

The only thing I saw on the TV broadcast (didn't see Cohen) that was worth watching was Jimmy Cliff. As with Cohen, another pensioner holding the audience in the palm of his hand. Some of the new "talent" I saw (The Cribs etc) were just a complete waste of space.
              Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

I think Cohen (yay Canada!) did not agree to any TV or radio coverage of his UK tour, so I think that's why he wasn't on. I watched Buddy Guy - who I have always liked. Eddy Grant was a bit average. Jay-Z put me in awe, he really was good. But I really liked Crowded House.

My wife now wants to attend next year. this is a woman who hasn't taken a step into the back garden in two years. She really has put her foot in her mouth this time...as I have agreed to book tickets as soon as they are available.
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                  where did you camp snaw?

I was up on Hitchin Hill but spent far too much time in Trash City and Green Fields which I know makes no sense..
                  Strangly enough hitchin hill ...

Spent most of it on west side, either at John Peel tent or dance tents ...

Highlights, dunno just walking around off me tits and getting the scale of it all. F cuk me it's massive!

Jay-Z's first 10 mins were awesome (No one on telly got to see the first clip bit - that was feckin unbelievable) though I pretty much avoided the main stage apart from that; Courteeners, Franz Ferdinand's surprise show in the park stage, Balkan beat box, sneaky sound system, holy ****. Lots of other good stuff.

I'm a big jimmy cliff fan and he was pants (Saw him at womad a few years ago and he's faded a fair bit in the interim - took him ages to get out on stage, band had to keep coaxing him).

Actually weirdest highlight was sat night in the silent disco near park, not other one - go into a tent and get headphones, two channels, two DJ's streaming live back to Holland playing everything and anything. Be like dancing away and hear a big shout and flick channels and other DJ would be banging something brilliant out. Then take em off and it's silent, just watching people dance with headphones on - genius!!!!

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Just found the clip:

http://www.nme.com/news/jay-z/37799

Gotta get this in perspective, there were a lot of sceptical people there. Then he does this clip as a lead up and they're laughing and cheering him on then lights, action: jay-z, in a chair, playing wonderwall - that was pretty special!

Comment

Working...
                    X