• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cisco contractors - Doomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
    It's quite obvious I'm talking about the 90%+ of Cisco contractors without the CCIE.
    You guys wouldn't need this anyhow, just use your superpowers to fly anti-clockwise around the Earth and travel back in time to prevent the problem before it occurs.
    BTW There's 800 of us CCIE's in Britain - I reckon there's more than 8000 Cisco contractors ;-)
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

I don't see how this site will enable anyone to troubleshoot a broken network - if they don't already know what they're doing.
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
        I'm shaking in me boots ...

Tell you what - I'll give you the rest of the day, go find out how to configure anycast - give you a clue, it involves using the same IP address in different places ;-)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/842197

Why use some overpriced lump of cr@p with a cisco badge to do something that Uncle Bill sorted for us years ago.

"I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave.Mac View Post
          http://support.microsoft.com/kb/842197

Why use some overpriced lump of cr@p with a cisco badge to do something that Uncle Bill sorted for us years ago.

Forget the last, read the original posting again, Not like Anycast at all. Ciscos still overpriced though

"I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave.Mac View Post
            Forget the last, read the original posting again, Not like Anycast at all. Ciscos still overpriced though

I already have and yeah, you're probably right - don't bother me, not like I'm paying for them.
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
              I already have and yeah, you're probably right - don't bother me, not like I'm paying for them.
              I've worked with tons other other network kit and found, on the whole, cisco stuff is expensive for a reason, the same reason why it's used all over the world and most of the internet and other large networks use it....

Their firewalls are gash mind, aviod like the plauge!

As for CCNA/CCIE people, yes there is a massive gap, but there is also a massive gap between no CCNA and a CCNA, most people will tell you the first step is the hardest, well maybes not as hard as the CCIE lab that is, even harder if you have no networking expereince!

Comment

Originally posted by the_duderama View Post
                I've worked with tons other other network kit and found, on the whole, cisco stuff is expensive for a reason, the same reason why it's used all over the world and most of the internet and other large networks use it....

Their firewalls are gash mind, aviod like the plauge!

As for CCNA/CCIE people, yes there is a massive gap, but there is also a massive gap between no CCNA and a CCNA, most people will tell you the first step is the hardest, well maybes not as hard as the CCIE lab that is, even harder if you have no networking expereince!
                Networking experience?

Come back Token-Ring!

Madge Networks, I love you!

Comment

Token ring sucks balls, much like your mother, ethernet is and shall allways be king!

Comment

Token ring sucks balls, much like your mother
                    Subtle

Comment

Token ring sucks balls, much like your mother, ethernet is and shall allways be king!
                      Dad!

Comment

Working...
                      X