• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

sombre thought

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tay View Post
    I actually thought your original post posed an interesting question, as my first post alluded to, it just got lost in crying, indignation and antlers.
    Do you promise not to do it again?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      Do you promise not to do it again?
      again?

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
        I actually thought your original post posed an interesting question, as my first post alluded to, it just got lost in crying, indignation and antlers.
        You did, quite right.
        Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
          Maybe Mr Mod can lock this thread now. I think it's run it's course.

Many thanks to the usual suspects for your inane drivel...
          I rarely see a thread that does not get inane drivel.

It could have been worse - I could have answered the original question.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I rarely see a thread that does not get inane drivel.

It could have been worse - I could have answered the original question.
            If you'd understood it!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              If you'd understood it!
              "Made me wonder if this is the action of a few men taken beyond the edge of their coping system or whether it is partly to do with the underlying discrimination in the court system (and govt in general, look at the IVF news currently) against fathers."

Seems quite a simple question - even for someone of my limited intellect. Ohhhh yeessss

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
                Maybe Mr Mod can lock this thread now. I think it's run it's course.

Many thanks to the usual suspects for your inane drivel...
                I actually thought my first post was perfectly reasonable for this thread. Unfortunately some people became obsessed with my second post.

In answer to the original question - i don't think the courts or govt has anything to do with it. I think some people just fail to cope with the total failure of their life. This sends them over the edge - they are so self obsessed that they do not consider the effect on others (the children).

The worst part is that todays media makes it a lot worse, causing the man to want to make 'a statement'. The fact that the voicemail message that this guy left for his wife said 'it'll make the papers' says a lot for his thinking in the run up to the murder.
                Last edited by Bear; 18 June 2008, 13:45.
                Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Working...
                X