• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

sombre thought

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    People doing themself in the garage maybe.
    In the 70s/80s you hardly ever heard of a murder on the local news, now it seems there's several on every night. I doubt they just woke up to reporting murder.
    When I was a kid (30 plus years ago), my best mate and I went round to his dads place to pick up some stuff. His Mother and Father had divorced and he lived with his Mother and her new husband.

Anyway, we cycled round to the house. My mate let us in and we collected whatever it was we needed to collect.

Paul, (my mate) mentioned that he wanted to collect something from the garage but couldn't find the key.

We cycled back to his Mother's house.

Two days later, my mate's Father was found in the garage dead. Gassed in his car. He'd been there for days...

Chances are that he was in there when we went round to the house.

Suicide is more common than you'd think.

Comment

Very common. During the latter stages of my marriage... well I'm still here.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        Suicide is more common than you'd think.
        I'd buried one school mate and my brother before I was twenty, both suicides.

Comment

The guy was a ******* coward!! I accept that things must have been very tough for him, and I even accept the bomb to his wife to a certain extent - but killing your kids as a 'get back' at your wife is...well...I don't have the words.

Kill yourself - fine. but your kids, who have absolute trust in what their Father tells them (whether right or wrong), particularly a 3 year old who would have no idea what consequences the exhaust pipe through the window meant.

Just imagine looking into his face as his eyes faded, still believing that his Daddy was looking after him!!

******* ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the slightly OTT post - but this chills me to the bone!!
          Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

I've just re-read my post and now have tears in my eyes....

....just as I did when I heard the news story.

******!!
            Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

It's the good dads like you Bear who have to make up for all the crappy crazy ones!

Comment

<- for Bear

Comment

If a father is prepared to kill his children as a way of dealing with problems then I would bet everything I have that the father was a bully to live with and that he did not deserve to have children in the first place.
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
                    It's the good dads like you Bear who have to make up for all the crappy crazy ones!
                    Not intended to offend Bear in the slightest - but f cuk me Lucy, your definition of a good dad is a bit mental i.e. someone who doesn't want to top himself and his kids ...

I get his tears thing though, I'm not a crying kind of guy and never have been, but ever since I've had kids any story or film that involves kids dying or other similar bad stuff brings tears to my eyes.
                    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                      If a father is prepared to kill his children as a way of dealing with problems then I would bet everything I have that the father was a bully to live with and that he did not deserve to have children in the first place.
                      Sometimes, just sometmies, there is "too much" understanding for the perpetrators of horrible crimes. Obviously he was depressed and sad and out of his mind. But So are a lot of people. There is never any excuse for taking other people with you.
                      Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Working...
                      X