• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

sombre thought

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems more like the ultimate evil way to punish his ex-wife rather than any desperate act due to his own situation. A totally disgusting act and I don't have any sympathy for him whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
      Agree - how many women kill themselves and their kids, seems just as common an occurrence as men doing the same- who should we blame for that?
      Yup, you've got a point.

Where's the line drawn between helping and interfering?

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        I don't think anybody is suggesting he should get sympathy, or his actions are in any way excused. I think what RateWhore was saying was this is indicative of the way fathers are treated, and perhaps a lesson should be learned.
        Rather than 'this is' indicative, what I was actually saying was 'is this' indicative. And no, his actions are in no way excusable and I for one wouldn't even try to excuse them...
        Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
          Rather than 'this is' indicative, what I was actually saying was 'is this' indicative. And no, his actions are in no way excusable and I for one wouldn't even try to excuse them...
          This sort of thing has happened for years.

Different people handle things in different ways.

I'm sure you all remember the guy in Crete(I think) who threw his kids and himself off the balcony after a barney with his wife. Everyday life is stressful enough as it is, without the additional stress of divorce/separation etc.

Some people just can't handle it.

A sad fact of life unfortunately.

Comment

Will Self thinks the rise is these attacks is down to mobile phones making it possible to take the kids to some remote spot then do the "I'm gassing the kids call". They certainly didn't seem so popular 10 or 20 years ago.
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
              Will Self thinks the rise is these attacks is down to mobile phones making it possible to take the kids to some remote spot then do the "I'm gassing the kids call". They certainly didn't seem so popular 10 or 20 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                Some guy gassing his kids in the car, technology has facilitated this kind of vindictiveness.
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Some guy gassing his kids in the car, technology has facilitated this kind of vindictiveness.
                  I doubt this.

It probably still happened, it just didn't get the coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
                    I doubt this.

It probably still happened, it just didn't get the coverage.
                    People doing themself in the garage maybe.
                    In the 70s/80s you hardly ever heard of a murder on the local news, now it seems there's several on every night. I doubt they just woke up to reporting murder.

Comment

People doing themself in the garage maybe.
                      In the 70s/80s you hardly ever heard of a murder on the local news, now it seems there's several on every night. I doubt they just woke up to reporting murder.
                      I don't think I took a lot of notice of news in the 70s and 80s. I do think news it a lot more sensationalist and less analytical. Human 'interest' stories and other rubbish, very little news.

Did you get out of the wrong side of the bed?

Comment

Working...
                      X