• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I've started applying for a visa to go and live in Australia

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm moving there on a years visa in August at the end of the current gig! Can't wait as I think our summer has already passed us by!

I'm off to Perth - where you headed and are you applying for permenant visa or years working one like me with a view to finding a permenant job?

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
      Warm winters here I come

Well done!

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
        Crap rates and loads of whingeing Aussies
        To be honest, I'm happy to take a rate cut if it means living there. It's more about the lifestyle than the money

Originally posted by beeker View Post
        i'm moving there on a years visa in August at the end of the current gig! Can't wait as I think our summer has already passed us by!

I'm off to Perth - where you headed and are you applying for permenant visa or years working one like me with a view to finding a permenant job?

Planning on moving to Melbourne. I've been there a few times on holiday and love it there.

I'm applying for a permanent skilled independent visa, that way I'm not reliant on an employer and it'll give me more flexibility in choosing where I work.

Now I just have to fill out this ridiculously long Recognition of Prior Learning document for the Australian Computer Society
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I guess the success of the move depends how old you are, I suspect the older you are the more likely you are to miss England and return. Not being able to hop back would put me off, but anyone can see the attraction.

Good luck with it.
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

melly

...the rates there are 80% that of sydney, which are 50% that of London, unless you are in a top flight niche. that means you will be on 40% of what you are on now. that's alright, until you want to go back to the UK and buy a house but you've only saved 10K in the last couple of years. Take my advice, stay in the UK as long as possible, come here cashed up so you don't have to work in IT - then it's a top quality place to be - work outside.

Oh yeah, The women here are easy to get and they love baby peni like mine!

Comment

Listening to ABC Radio Sydney is almost enough to stop me going back, it's like being on a big farm, where the rest of the world doesn't exsist and the political coverage from the ABC is courtesy of left, lefter and leftist, they never, and I mean never discuss less government. Which is sad given there are three layers of the blood sucking wonkers.

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
                they love baby peni like mine!
                Unless you can translate for me, all i can deduce from that sentence is that you have a babies penis and aussie girls love it
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Now I just have to fill out this ridiculously long Recognition of Prior Learning document for the Australian Computer Society
                  I did something similar many moons ago and if you went to Oz House in Londinium they had lots of useful info to help you fill in stuff like this and give you pointers on what they want to hear.

It's freezing in Melbourne in winter, go to Sydney.

Comment

One highly skilled migrant out, twenty unemployable, uneducated, non-english speaking AIDS ridden migrants in.

It all balances out in the UK.

Comment

Warm winters here I come
                      Where in Aus are you moving too?

If it's Aus or Melbourne then warmer than here winters maybe, but warm .. no. Coldish and wet.
                      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Working...
                      X