• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Firefox 3

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    I've had version 3.0 for weeks already
    WHS

Mine's the Beta version though.

Comment

Originally posted by Tensai View Post
      Why, is there something wrong with Internet Explorer?
      Yep - they haven't ported it to Ubuntu yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
        Yep - they haven't ported it to Ubuntu yet.
        Any hardcore Ubuntu user should be using Lynx anyway
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
          Kudos to Microsoft for finally recognising that, although there is the danger that with a completely new engine we end up effectively having to target another browser.
          FWIW, I have reason to suspect that they're building on the IE5-Mac engine Tasman, which was a good implementation of most of CSS 2 and should therefore provide a solid basis for a good CSS 2.1 implementation.

This suspicion is based on the fact of an obscure comment-parsing bug in IE5-Mac also being present in the first IE8 beta - it seems very unlikely that such an obscure bug would be created twice independently, and Tantek Çelik (who wrote Tasman) no longer works for MS, so it's not somebody making the same mistake twice.

It makes sense really - if you've got a working (though outdated) implementation just sitting there gathering dust, you might as well start with that

Comment

Geek factor = 1 googolplex
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              snip
              That's interesting, and an entirely reasonable assertion.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                Geek factor = 1 googolplex
                Is that good?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  I like that term. I shall be using that at clientco forthwith. Cheers NF.

Comment

Well the Firefox download page is unavailable at the moment, so I'm guessing they've released version 3 final.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                      Well the Firefox download page is unavailable at the moment, so I'm guessing they've released version 3 final.
                      Managed to download it at 8:30 or so last night.. Is VERY quick at rendering..
                      The "Fit" hits the "Shan"

Comment

Working...
                      X