• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Global Cooling

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I see the resident car hater has hijacked the thread.

I don't even particularly hate cars, just those people that whine all the time when they get charged a bit extra for the luxury of using them.

Anyway, please don't let me interrupt the important debate about science and climate change. I know you're getting really close to a conclusion which will be convincing and indisputable. Which will be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
      I don't even particularly hate cars, just those people that whine all the time when they get charged a bit extra for the luxury of using them.

Anyway, please don't let me interrupt the important debate about science and climate change. I know you're getting really close to a conclusion which will be convincing and indisputable. Which will be nice.
      Look if you want to ride a bicycle along with 90% of the population, fook off to China and become a commie.

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post

Errrm, it's called cost of purchase and taxation.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
          Errrm, it's called cost of purchase and taxation.

HTH
          That's right, yes. I don't think some people have got their heads round the concept though. Rich people pay more taxes. If you're rich enough to run a car then pay up and stop whining.

Comment

Here's what "global warming" really does

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environmen...hange.biofuels

Britain and Europe will be forced to fundamentally rethink a central part of their environment strategy after a government report found that the rush to develop biofuels has played a "significant" role in the dramatic rise in global food prices, which has left 100 million more people without enough to eat.

So, on one hand we have "global warming", even though the global temperature has not risen in the last 10 years, and on the other hand we have now pushed 100 million to starvation solving a problem that does not exist.

Nice work tree huggers.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              http://www.guardian.co.uk/environmen...hange.biofuels

Britain and Europe will be forced to fundamentally rethink a central part of their environment strategy after a government report found that the rush to develop biofuels has played a "significant" role in the dramatic rise in global food prices, which has left 100 million more people without enough to eat.

So, on one hand we have "global warming", even though the global temperature has not risen in the last 10 years, and on the other hand we have now pushed 100 million to starvation solving a problem that does not exist.

Nice work tree huggers.
              Its called the law of unintended consequences

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Check out the size of this greenhouse:
                http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...-unveiled.html

Ith Thanet Earth. Now thaht's thwhat thI'm thawlking thabout.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  Check out the size of this greenhouse:
                  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...-unveiled.html

Ith Thanet Earth. Now thaht's thwhat thI'm thawlking thabout.
                  Been in a news a lot, apparently the uses waste gas to power 22,000 homes or something too. I guess we'll see a lot more of this across the UK in years to come as trnasport costs for food from abroad soar.
                  Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Working...
                  X