• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

7 Hours

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bugger. meanwhile I changed six nappies yesterday. and had to deal with my poor lad's rash.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Don't be fooled - our first did exactly that. At 8 weeks old, he went through the night every night for about a week.

Then stopped and started waking several times a night again

For the next 2 years !
      Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
        Don't be fooled - our first did exactly that. At 8 weeks old, he went through the night every night for about a week.
        Then stopped and started waking several times a night again
        For the next 2 years !
        As a counter, both of ours slept through the night from about 3 weeks onwards. Having heard some horror stories, I don't know if we did anythign clever or were just lucky, but I do think that for some people it's a combination of:

1. letting them sleep too much during the evening (tempting, if you've had a hard day)
        2. getting up to see to them on every little whimper
        Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Futurewife's niece is about 9 months now. I think her mum is still swaddling her which seems to be working.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
            As a counter, both of ours slept through the night from about 3 weeks onwards. Having heard some horror stories, I don't know if we did anythign clever or were just lucky, but I do think that for some people it's a combination of:

1. letting them sleep too much during the evening (tempting, if you've had a hard day)
            2. getting up to see to them on every little whimper
            Just lucky ! We were experts when our first slept like a dream, second one doesn't, still trying to work out why !

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
              Joys of parenthood eh? top man for delegating duties to the wife though
              she can sleep during day, i have to work and earn! (her words...)
              I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Working...
              X