• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One bedroom flat in London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Point taken Bagpuss but its 'meeja' land hereabouts.

Prices in 2002 (in the street I was then living in) were around 220k. I guess people will pay it on the off chance they get to bump into Rula Lenska in Sainsbury or Ant and Dec in the pub .
    I'd pay not to bump into those guys
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Dead right

Originally posted by Fishface View Post
      Flats under 250k in London (in 'cool' areas with bars etc) are supposed to be pretty solid due to the 'divorcee' market - i.e blokes mid 40's with half a house worth of cash and looking for some action.
      Spot on mate.
      Islington is a prime example. Heaving with bars and restaurants and no obvious signs of price falls. Very few new developments (hence no over-supply) and no lack of buyers. Same in Hampstead, Kensington and a few other places. IMO, in London/South East it's going to be the new towns in East London, Kent and Essex and all the outer London 'riverside' newly developed houses/flats that will suffer big drops.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        The soothsayers were predicting the doom 3 years ago, it's taken the majority that long to catch up,
        So they were wrong then?

What do they predict now? Cos I reckon the opposite will happen.

Comment

Working...
        X