• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official CUK Beijing Olympics Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post

Is Paula Radcliffe in it again? No doubt she'll stop half way, have a crap, have a cry and then make lots of excuses.
    Was it a number one? Either way she was very quick IIRC

And she didn't have the runs.

Comment

So how long till the first stories of athletes suffering from the effects of pollution?
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        So how long till the first stories of athletes suffering from the effects of pollution?
        and using special counter tactics like taking performance enhancing substances.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          Also does sports done to excess knacker up your joints?
          Yes, yes and yes again. I used to do a lot of running, long distance, 100m, 400m and X-country and my knees do give me problems - and I was just at college/county level. Olympiads and professional athletes must have crippling joint problems as they age.

Comment

1 China 29 13 9 51
            2 USA 18 19 22 59
            3 Great Britain 11 5 7 23

GN 3rd in the medal table

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              1 China 29 13 9 51
              2 USA 18 19 22 59
              3 Great Britain 11 5 7 23

GN 3rd in the medal table
              Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Probably another 5 or 6 Golds to come. Maybe we aren't so bad as we thought we were at sport, although I'd just like to know how much money has been thrown at the cyclists because they are on a different planet to the rest of the world at the moment.

Can't we throw the same money in Track and Field and Swimming, christ we might even top the table.

Comment

Working...
                X