• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What about SAP?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that's it roots, leave the new fangled to me

what you lot need to understand is that in the enterprise applications world where everything costs a fecking fortune and companies lose a fecking fortune when there are problems you will not earn any respect by trying to win work by discounting

they don't want cheap, they it it to be reassuringly expensive and to know when there's a problem it will be fixed hence the price

here endeth today's lesson

Milan.

Comment

Closed shop

Milan, chief shop steward of the SAP Union

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post

Milan.
        Thanks mate.

Comment

it's like, CEO, why is the .Net system that run the whole enterprise down, well, root cause, we hired some cheaper consultants and urrgghhh they wanted to learn on the job and urrgghhh they're looking in the doco to see what to do next

Milan.

Comment

it's like, CEO, why is the .Net system that run the whole enterprise down, well, root cause, we hired some cheaper consultants and urrgghhh they wanted to learn on the job and urrgghhh they're looking in the doco to see what to do next

Milan.
            Ah yes, you know where you are with SAP

SAP Software A 'Complete Failure,' Lawsuit Claims

Comment

Originally posted by cassandra View Post
              Do you think that anybody can learn SAP or you have to come from a specific technical background before you even go near it ?
              SAP isn't difficult - it's just an application, like Excel or whatever. But bigger. Even during the boom years (pre-2000) it was not easy to get into.

Closed shop indeed. It's even difficult to move between modules.

SAP Software A 'Complete Failure,' Lawsuit Claims <-- a blank page
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

that's it roots, leave the new fangled to me

what you lot need to understand is that in the enterprise applications world where everything costs a fliping fortune and companies lose a fliping fortune when there are problems you will not earn any respect by trying to win work by discounting

they don't want cheap, they it it to be reassuringly expensive and to know when there's a problem it will be fixed hence the price

Milan.
                FFS, reasuringly expensive!!! From a Skoda driver!

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                  Ah yes, you know where you are with SAP

SAP Software A 'Complete Failure,' Lawsuit Claims
                  That was close, I nearly bit and defended SAP !

But why would I do that when I now work in .Net

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    What precisely is a "background in experience"?

I've been experiencing stuff during every waking moment (and dream state) since I was born. Is that a sufficient "background in experience"?
                    Look for today's meeting I want you to answer all questions possible...

Scooter in civil servant mode.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Winston,

LOL

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                      X