• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Evolution: strengths and weaknesses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish scientists would make up their minds:

Today there are thousands of scientists who are creationists and who repudiate any form of evolution in their analysis and use of scientific data. Creationist scientists can now be found in literally every discipline of science and their numbers are increasing rapidly. In the Creation Research Society (2717 Cranbrook Rd., Ann Arbor, MI 48104) alone there are over 650 scientist members with either doctor's or master's degrees in some field of natural science. Among the additional 2,000 + sustaining members of the Society, many are also scientists with bachelor's degrees, in addition to numerous social scientists and other highly educated people with postgraduate degrees in their own fields. Evolutionists are finding it increasingly difficult to maintain the fiction that evolution is "science" and creation is "religion." When news media personnel and others make such statements today, they merely reveal their own liberal social philosophies—not their awareness of scientific facts!
    [Level of support for evolution]

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
      I wish scientists would make up their minds:

[Level of support for evolution]
      The fact that you have a scientific degree does not make you a scientist, just as you can be a scientist without having a degree.
      Being a scientist means believing in theories that are supported by evidence and experiment (where those experiments are repeatable). Those theories can also change in the light of further evidence and experiment.
      As I understand it there is plenty of evidence that shows that the world is more than 6000 years old and that species change over time which knocks the biblical idea on the head.
      But if you are asking what "caused" evolution and if there is a guiding intelligence - that is a question outside science as we can't test any theories at the moment.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        As I understand it there is plenty of evidence that shows that the world is more than 6000 years old and that species change over time which knocks the biblical idea on the head.
        Yeah, I was just doing a little pastiche of the AGW thread.

Comment

Working...
        X