• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan B, tanker driver

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
    You'd have to grow an enormous beer gut, eat nothing but burgers, molest young prostitutes in lay-bys, side-swide people in the fast lane on the M6, piss in people's gardens because your'e too stupid to park in a lorry park, and generally hold up the country's economy because you think pressing a gas pedal and turning a steering wheel makes you some sort of fliping VIP who deserves special tax laws.

Can you do all that?
    Well that's the weekends covered, but what do you need to do when you turn up for work?
    Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
      I have a C+E licence so technically am a trucker. Its my plan B for when I have no contract.

I also have an ADR licence (HAZMAT) but jobs at refinerys are like rocking horse tulip.
      Why are jobs at refinerys so bad?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Why are jobs at refinerys so bad?

Becuase they are the only section of truckers that ever bothered to use a union. Also its a man to boy type place. Hard to get into but in the past wages of £50k+ are not uncommon.

Come down a lot now for new recruits but still after a while you get some dosh.

Comment

Working...
        X