• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sky HD cabling and dish requirements question..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I looked at the wall box downstairs in the communal entrance hall and I saw a black box with UHF/VHF amplifier and 4 cables (which look very much like standard analogue TV ariels sticking out of it). I doubt very much that this is anything at all to do with the Sky+ Satellite service that may or may not have been active in my current flat.

These suspected 3 x 'triplex' sockets in my main living room are probably somehow connected to this box but the question is do I have a dish upstairs ! I have no access to the roof so I guess it's Sky HD assesment engineer time.

It all sounds rather good this Sky HD, I am going to keep my Virgin media V+ service also which is a little overkill but hey... I am an international playboy.

What I am concerned about is how the hell are those wires in that black box downstairs getting to the socket faceplate (triplex), under floorboards and in the wall cavaties !, how the hell can someone thread all that lot and new wires without creating the mess of a life time.

Any opinions would be valuesd about Sky HD and experiences with Sky Satellite installation engineers.

Comment

Originally posted by eliquant View Post
      Well I looked at the wall box downstairs in the communal entrance hall and I saw a black box with UHF/VHF amplifier and 4 cables (which look very much like standard analogue TV ariels sticking out of it). I doubt very much that this is anything at all to do with the Sky+ Satellite service that may or may not have been active in my current flat.

These suspected 3 x 'triplex' sockets in my main living room are probably somehow connected to this box but the question is do I have a dish upstairs ! I have no access to the roof so I guess it's Sky HD assesment engineer time.

It all sounds rather good this Sky HD, I am going to keep my Virgin media V+ service also which is a little overkill but hey... I am an international playboy.

What I am concerned about is how the hell are those wires in that black box downstairs getting to the socket faceplate (triplex), under floorboards and in the wall cavaties !, how the hell can someone thread all that lot and new wires without creating the mess of a life time.

Any opinions would be valuesd about Sky HD and experiences with Sky Satellite installation engineers.
      I'd seriously suggest posting over at DigitalSpy. There's a lot of people there who know a great deal about satellite TV systems. It could save you a lot of hassle getting engineers out etc.
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
      X