• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not just rate cuts - Banks IT going to India

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If this goes ahead then I will be closing my TSB accounts. Personal, business, onshore and off. I am a personal friend of my local manager and I will explain to her why they have lost our custom.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
      If this goes ahead then I will be closing my TSB accounts. Personal, business, onshore and off. I am a personal friend of my local manager and I will explain to her why they have lost our custom.
      Don't do that! You'd be sure to bring them to their knees.
      When you encounter speed humps, sound your horn in protest.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        Doom ....love it
        Half-Life was better

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
          Because of principle or because the service is likely to go downhill?

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
            Half-Life was better
            Indeed, so good I played it twice!
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                The change is estimated to mean that only a fifth of tech staff working in the affected areas, mainly internal software design and testing [for only one, relatively minor internal product, ie - a tiny part of IT and a fraction of contractors in the group as a whole], will be left in the UK.
                Let me change the emphasis (above), and add a bit [like this], and things suddenly become clearer.

Bear in mind that (my ex-clientco) has tuliploads of staff and contractors - I happen to know that this won't affect customers. I do, however, know a few who are personally affected by this, and extend my sympathies - this is a horrible time for them.

Comment

Inorder to not be 'doomed' get some "business facing" elements into your role role where you are involved in some requirements gathering etc -

As I can tell you there is no way the actual management who make these decisions to outsource actually want to deal with the outsourced lot directly in the meetings!!!

Comment

Originally posted by YHB View Post
                    As I can tell you there is no way the actual management who make these decisions to outsource actually want to deal with the outsourced lot directly in the meetings!!!
                    Question is - do we?

Comment

Working...
                    X