• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

For a life on these benefits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I worked down south I rented a room in a house - I was allowed to run that rent through as a company expense. What I couldn't do was fill the room with all the niceties of home - I pay for SKY at home, but I couldn't pay for it again while down south and claim that cost back like that snot gobbling cretin we have 'running' the country did. All MP's expenses should be, as the Inland Revenue state, wholly and exclusively incurred as part of their job as a MP. This lot don't have their cake and eat it, they have their cake and then multiple cakes also. Fekin wonkers the lot of them!
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
      When I worked down south I rented a room in a house - I was allowed to run that rent through as a company expense. What I couldn't do was fill the room with all the niceties of home - I pay for SKY at home, but I couldn't pay for it again while down south and claim that cost back like that snot gobbling cretin we have 'running' the country did. All MP's expenses should be, as the Inland Revenue state, wholly and exclusively incurred as part of their job as a MP. This lot don't have their cake and eat it, they have their cake and then multiple cakes also. Fekin wonkers the lot of them!
      WHS - (why)tf are we paying for Sky telly and stuff for these gits? And from what I can see, there is no party monopoly on greed in this area - they all seem to be grabbing swine.

Comment

So what are they doing woth these 2nd houses , vandalising them ?
        Peter Mandelson, then MP for Hartlepool, spent £2,981 on repairs
        Between 2001 and 2003, Margaret Beckett spent £12,170.67 on repairs
        oh and
        Mark Oaten, the Lib Dem home affairs spokesman who quit over a sex scandal, claimed £145 for a new bed and £99 for a mattress in January 2006
        Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

As someone posted in another thread its the rank hypocrisy that gets me.

How can they expect to be in touch with the country when they are all busy with their snouts in the trough.

Is there not one MP with a shred of integrity who will stand up and denounce this stuff?

Comment

I don't think so no. It pays them to well to keep schtum.

Comment

Working...
            X