• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Favourite morning radio show

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Radio 4 would be okay if it wasn't for the Archers.
    The archers is on for 15 minutes, twice a day.

Most of the middle of the working day programming on Radio 4 has no interest for me,
    The Today show, PM, 6pm news, 6.30 comedy slot and some of the evening topical/factual programmes are well worth listening to and can certainly make long drives up the M6 halfway towards enjoyable
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
      http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/music-radio-...-show/reviews/

Chris Moyles is NOT the saviour of Radio 1. His 'up his own arse' school of broadcasting with his genuine lack of any real sense of humour, make the breakfast show unlistenable to anybody with some sort of a brain.
      He will never make it in television. He has already been 'found out' on the few appearances he has made.

Blah blah blah
      If you are going to quote a review site then you could at least give a fair representation of the reviews.
      The Chris Moyles show gets an overall 4 out of 5 rating. You have just quoted the top few one star reviews. Not a very accurate representation is it ?
      He has consistently increased the listener figures since he started doing the breakfast show (to something like 11 million people), so clearly I'm not alone in liking him.

Maybe you are just showing your age

Comment

Originally posted by G8_Summit View Post
        If you are going to quote a review site then you could at least give a fair representation of the reviews.
        The Chris Moyles show gets an overall 4 out of 5 rating. You have just quoted the top few one star reviews. Not a very accurate representation is it ?
        He has consistently increased the listener figures since he started doing the breakfast show (to something like 11 million people), so clearly I'm not alone in liking him.

Maybe you are just showing your age
        No I don't think I'm showing my age, Radio 1 have dumbed down, although I know I'm not the target audience. In fairness, the guy is loved and loathed in equal measures. Most sentient people hate him, but, I'm sure you are one of the exceptions.
        Every time he opens his mouth he shows how uneducated, narrow minded and unwitty he is, yet he seems to revel in his own stupidity. Not only is he educationally subnormal he's also a bully with a massive ego. Add all those factors together and you have a festering midden bag that appeals to the lowest common denominator.
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Well you obviously feel very strongly about him. We'll have to agree to disagree.

You stick with your Talk Sport and I stick with Moylesey.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            The archers is on for 15 minutes, twice a day.
            And for over an hour on Sundays, usually when I'm in the car searching for something interesting to listen to. I seem to be very unlucky in my timing as I invariably end up listening to the Archers, and then of course time slows so that normal time runs a factor of a 100 or so slower than non-Archer time.

Radio4 has good natural history and science prgrammes, as does the World Service though I usually only catch the letter if I happen to switch on at some godforsaken time in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by G8_Summit View Post
              When was the last time you listened to him ??

Unless I've missed something he is not at all nasty.

He's come up with a very clever, very funny format with some hilarious "off-script" moments that really are hilarious.

I challenge you to listen for at least an hour for a couple of days and see if you change your mind.
              Last time I listened regularly was when I used to get a lift to the gig I was doing in the mornings and therefore wasn't in a position to complain.

All I said was that he isn't to my taste. In my case, I am sure that part of the reason for that is me showing my age. I have no desire to hang on to the things I thought were funny and clever when I was in my teens and twenties, my tastes have changed as I've got older and I'm not afraid to admit I'm getting older.

As it happens, I bought and listened to the audiobook of the gospel according to Moyles, and I found it interesting. I think people are entitled to claim the credit when they have done something good, but I got tired of listening to him bragging about how many listeners he'd added. There are plently of things that are popular that I find abhorent - and I don't mean that in a snobbish or elitist way.

Oh, and as for hilarious "off script" moments; a particular low-light for me was his discussion of how to do simple things on his Nokia phone. That got so pathetic that even his big fans in the car were tiring of it, and then Moyles said his producer had told him to shut up about it as it was so uninteresting. Hardly searing wit or the future of radio as I'd like to see it.

I do think his being an obese slob is irrelevant however, and it's a bit unfair to keep mentioning it - on the other hand, the way he talks about others kind of invites this kind of thing sometimes.

BTW - I'd missed his appearance on Buzzcocks so I have downloaded it and am looking forward to watching it on the train.
              Last edited by Peoplesoft bloke; 25 May 2008, 13:17.

Comment

No I don't think I'm showing my age, Radio 1 have dumbed down, although I know I'm not the target audience. In fairness, the guy is loved and loathed in equal measures. Most sentient people hate him, but, I'm sure you are one of the exceptions.
                Every time he opens his mouth he shows how uneducated, narrow minded and unwitty he is, yet he seems to revel in his own stupidity. Not only is he educationally subnormal he's also a bully with a massive ego. Add all those factors together and you have a festering midden bag that appeals to the lowest common denominator.
                Do you get Dictionary.com word-a-day emailed to you, baggy?

And re that fat twat moyles: I am sure Kenny Everett is turning in his grave - he WAS funny...

Comment

When he is played at his own game he can't hack it. See Never mind the Buzzcocks when Mark Lammar destroyed him, he had no comebacks apart from a big sulk.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...OqWOiALrw5XqCQ
                  Cough, the download option doesn't have any sound - anyone know where I might find a version that I can download - streaming's too slow on this connection?

Comment

No I don't think I'm showing my age, Radio 1 have dumbed down, although I know I'm not the target audience.
                    I'm no radio 1 fan (Well John Peel and some late night stuff excepted), so I can safely say - when has daytime Radio 1 ever been anything but dumb? Populist and dumb. With some seriously cringe worthy DJ's and track list I imagine that'll be looped in hell?
                    Last edited by snaw; 27 May 2008, 14:02.
                    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Odious, fat, talentless, moron and bully with an ego that far exceeds his limited education and vocabluary.

Hero to the hard of thinking and those with varicose brains
                      WHS
                      Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                      WHS
                      WHS
                      Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                      Ditto. Loathesome creature.
                      WHS
                      Originally posted by DS23 View Post
                      whs
                      WHS
                      Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                      I listen to 5Live until Nicky Campbell gets on my nerves so much I want to **** the radio out the window...
                      Heavens to Betsy
                      Originally posted by Swiss Tony View Post
                      Nick Ferrari on LBC, he cracks me up and makes me want to hit him at times, He is an argumentative bugger, very very good though.
                      WHS
                      Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
                      WHS really dislike Moyles
                      WSS

HTH
                      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                      X