• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tornado in Brum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tornado in Brum

Any one see it or has any one got any pictures/Video?? I need then for my research. PS this tornado was forecasted a number of days in advance and a predicted to occur 6 hours before it did so.

The UKMO are not interested in issuing server weather warnings to the general public - indeed they quoted me £550 per year for the privilege of being warned !!!

Thanks in Advance

Stu
    http://www.torro.org.uk
    www.stormtrack.co.uk - My Stormchasing website.

Where was it predicted? I thought predicting tornado’s was well nigh impossible (other than a general likelihood of them). There’s a video on the BBC news site.

I heard the wind was so strong it nearly blew AtW’s tash off, but I work 5 miles from Kings Heath, and it wasn’t even windy.

Comment

I used to live in Kings Heath. It was quite nostalgic seeing it on the news last night, looking much the same as it used to but without roofs and with noticeably more suntanned looking people around.

Comment

tornados are forcastable - infact we were discussing this a full three days befor it occured - Also tornados in Peterborough and Granham as well yesterday.

2005JULY28 UK: TORNADO ADVISORY 2005/016

A TORNADO ADVISORY has been issued at 1200 GMT on Thursday 28th July 2005

Valid from/until: 1300-1800 GMT on Thursday 28th July 2005 for the following regions of the United Kingdom:

East Wales

the West Midlands

SYNOPSIS

Low pressure close to southwest England brining moderately unstable and moist air across England and Wales to the south of an active occluded front. Although energy levels within the airmass are not that high, windflow patterns around a convergence zone moving northwards would indicate the risk of weak funnel formation with small risk of touchdown tornado strength T1.

THREATS

Showers or thunderstorms are likely to drift northwards across the area bringing the small risk of an isolated tornado.

FORECASTER: Nigel Bolton.

******PLEASE REPORT SEVERE WEATHER********

Comment

Nice pictures on the website wxman.

Have you been storm-chasing in Kansas then? Did you see any flying cows?

I've always wondered if it's possible to run into a tornado wearing a parachute.. now there's a Darwin award in the making.

Comment

Yeah I have spent a lot of time in Kansas, Texas, Oklahoma and Nebraska to name just a few - I have even been know to chase the odd hurricane as well.

I have some images - not many on a old Web Site ..

Comment

Originally posted by wxman
              Yeah I have spent a lot of time in Kansas, Texas, Oklahoma and Nebraska to name just a few - I have even been know to chase the odd hurricane as well.

I have some images - not many on a old Web Site ..
              It's nice to see that you chase the weather in a chavved up Golf

...Come to think about it, I'm sure that thing whistled past me on the A6 between Hathern and Kegworth the other week...
              The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Birmingham

A Tornado in Birmingham... there is a god after all
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities
                  It's nice to see that you chase the weather in a chavved up Golf

...Come to think about it, I'm sure that thing whistled past me on the A6 between Hathern and Kegworth the other week...
                  Yes I live just south of Loughborough so it may have been me - not sure that it was the other week through...

Anyway we have all read about the Brunm tornado... but there was a equally strong torndao that tracked north of peterborough towards spalding on the same day. This is actually a more interesting event weather wise as it looks as if this was spawned from a supercell thunderstorm - and if this is the case it would be a once in a 20 year event for the UK.
                  Last edited by wxman; 31 July 2005, 23:40. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by GiGo
                    Nice pictures on the website wxman.

Have you been storm-chasing in Kansas then? Did you see any flying cows?

I've always wondered if it's possible to run into a tornado wearing a parachute.. now there's a Darwin award in the making.
                    I meet a guy this May in Nebraska who plans to drive a car into a tornado in order to film the inner core - and he is serious as well!

I told him about the frieght train I saw get lofted off the tracks back in 2003 and suggested that he would stand no chance at all in a moderate tornado.

Tornado attack Vehicle I think it was called..
                    http://www.mcgrathimages.com/Gallery...2003/20030522/

Darwin award coming ~ good bye....
                    Last edited by wxman; 31 July 2005, 23:48. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                    X