• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If I were looking for a fast showy 2-seater sports car...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Not a spelling mistake, lack of knowledge.

PS I'm Such a mindless leftie that I voted Conservative at the local elections I expect you voted for the Nazis?
    So, another Bagpuss theory, if someone knows how to spell something they must have knowledge of it. Brilliant.

You're only voting Conservative because you think it's trendy, you have no political knowledge - as you have shown so many times here, embarrassing yourself time after time. You think there is only right and left and because I don't fit into your little tiny world I must be a nazi.

I hope oneday you manage to get out into the world and read something other than trashy newspapers, you might be less inclined to stereotype people and you might even be less scared.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Can you two please PM hate mail to each other and stop spoiling a vaguely interesting thread about cars.

Cheers.
      WHS
      "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

DP - Are you looking Brand New?

By far the best 2 seater convertible sports car for around £25k is the Porsche 993 Cabriolet (1996-1998 to be specific - don't go earlier than that, you want the varioram engine - and don't go later, cos you don't want a 996!)

Boxster is a poor (wo)man's Porsche so steer clear.

I voted in the end for Z4 off the list, but was a toss up between that and the Honda S2000.

However, my 911 wins hands down for me - zero (or very little) depreciation too. I've had mine for 3 years now and I can still sell it now for what I paid for it then. It's pretty economical, is quite refined for a 911 and it only costs me £400 a year to insure (I know cos I've just renewed mine!)....

HTH

Comment

Corvette, cheap cheerful and mental with 500BHP for less than 40k
          Some people are like slinkys, totally pointless but the thought of pushing them down a flight of stairs never fails to put a smile on your face.

Comment

Originally posted by shelby68 View Post
            Corvette, cheap cheerful and mental with 500BHP for less than 40k
            Yep, good looks and sounds absolutely awesome...
            "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

I would quite like an Alpina B6 - I wonder if it would run on biodesel...
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I'd go for the S2000 simply because IMO it’s the best car on the list, I wouldn't be interested in buying something just because it was 'showy'.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by ruth11 View Post
                  DP - Are you looking Brand New?

By far the best 2 seater convertible sports car for around £25k is the Porsche 993 Cabriolet (1996-1998 to be specific - don't go earlier than that, you want the varioram engine - and don't go later, cos you don't want a 996!)

Surely the problem is sourcing a good one? A model that age is likely to have had a hammering, been writen off or/ and possibly owned by some more downmarket characters?
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    Surely the problem is sourcing a good one? A model that age is likely to have had a hammering, been writen off or/ and possibly owned by some more downmarket characters?
                    True of any car of any age. How do you know the S2000 you've just bought hasn't been ragged around Donnington (or insert other preferred race tracks!) and the surrounding countryside every weekend in it's life?

Admittedly there possibly aren't as many around as there are the ones on the list (although he did mention TVR - good luck finding a good reliable one of those!), but it's well worth the search. I live in Leicester and bought mine from Chester, but if you didn't want to travel there are plenty of reputable Porsche dealerships that you can buy from (if you're willing to pay a premium). If you buy private, get it checked over by a mechanic (preferably one that knows porsches - there are plenty arond) and off you go.

The fact that there aren't that many is a good thing in my opinion.

Comment

Well I've always liked the MX-5, think I still prefer the original shape ones and I love the colour of the Merlot limited edition
                      Eeyore was very glad to be able to stop thinking for a little, in order to say "How do you do" in a gloomy manner to Pooh.
                      "And how are you?" said Winnie-the-Pooh.
                      Eeyore shook his head from side to side. "Not very how," he said. "I don't seem to felt at all how for a long time."

Comment

Working...
                      X