• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I still can't believe they did that to me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sit corrected. Although I'm not sure that counts as it was only one person.

More power to his elbow though...
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Been on one a couple of times between north sea oil platforms, they gave me a rubber orange survival suit that about three other people could have fitted into. You could tell the novices on the first trip, they were the ones who didn't hold their hard hats on so they got blown away when the helicopter landed.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post

I sit corrected. Although I'm not sure that counts as it was only one person.

More power to his elbow though...
        There was a group parachuted in before the main force arrived...
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
          There was a group parachuted in before the main force arrived...
          Yes, we know. However, if and when you learn to read English, re-read the original post.

I'll give you a clue. It mentions the "Last operational jump".

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            Yes, we know. However, if and when you learn to read English, re-read the original post.

I'll give you a clue. It mentions the "Last operational jump".
            Yes, but the poster was discounting it as it was only one person, so I gave an example of the last operational jump, that was after Suez, and involved more than one person.

I'll give you a clue: Google up 'context'.

BTW is it your lot that have set all the pimps off trying to find warm bodies to fill seats in Cambridge?

Comment

Yes, but the poster was discounting it as it was only one person, so I gave an example of the last operational jump, that was after Suez, and involved more than one person.

I'll give you a clue: Google up 'context'.

BTW is it your lot that have set all the pimps off trying to find warm bodies to fill seats in Cambridge?
              What's the job-spec?

Comment

OK, just to clarify, I was talking about the last combat jump of battalion size. Does that put the matter to bed?
                Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
                  OK, just to clarify, I was talking about the last combat jump of battalion size. Does that put the matter to bed?
                  No, I think you need to also add, "jumped into Egypt".

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    What's the job-spec?
                    disruptive technology, shopping list of requirements, embedded, laughable pay rate.

Comment

disruptive technology, shopping list of requirements, embedded, laughable pay rate.

who's the client? I have a caravan load of Romanians sitting at Calais
                      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X