• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tips, tricks and old wives' tales: Sunburn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Hey sweetie - how was the wedding? I guess you are still on honeymoon - get back to bed you nutter....
    I'm taking Pondlife's advice.
    Lying in bed hurts at the mo.

Still in paradise on honeymoon. Thought it would be a good idea to go on a boat trip. Hmm...

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
      Thought it would be a good idea to go on a boat trip. Hmm...
      It was, it was just a bad idea to not wear enough sun-protection.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Using a Vichy Labs lotion specifically for sunburn. It seems to be calming it. Aloe vera lotion 99%. The added tea tree oil made it sting like hell though. Won't be doing that again in a hurry.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          It was, it was just a bad idea to not wear enough sun-protection.
          Factor 30! Applied it often enough. It was the trip back that did it. I was in the shadow of the sail, thinking I was safe from the sun's worst.
          Little did I realise that the reflected light from the waves behind me would do this much damage.

Lesson learnt.

Comment

it looks like it's going to be peeling badly in a couple of days.

Any tips?

RH

Some salt and 2 slices of bread?

Yummy
            Still Invoicing

Comment

Cucumber helps, the aloe vera plant is good too. Do not use teatree oil it is horrid.

Comment

Factor 30! Applied it often enough. It was the trip back that did it. I was in the shadow of the sail, thinking I was safe from the sun's worst.
                Little did I realise that the reflected light from the waves behind me would do this much damage.

Lesson learnt.
                Indeed, you're never safe from the sun on a yacht (unless you're below - ram it pedants).
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I'm taking Pondlife's advice.
                  Lying in bed hurts at the mo.

Still in paradise on honeymoon. Thought it would be a good idea to go on a boat trip. Hmm...
                  Don't **** about, get yourself checked over by a quack!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
                    Cucumber helps, the aloe vera plant is good too. Do not use teatree oil it is horrid.
                    F*cked a botanist too, it appears...

Comment

Ok - I'll walk in to the suite, greet the new Mrs RH, holding a large cucumber.

And after she stops laughing...

CM - wedding was brilliant - all the elements worked well. classic and elegant wedding. She had and absolutely stunning dress/hair/makeup ensemble, was a tad shocked as she walked down the aisle. Was a bit nervous, until we were pronounced man and wife. I think maybe we overdid the 'kiss the bride' bit. That was quite a kiss.

Will PM some of the first photos that have come through when we get back next week.

Having a great time here (apart from the sunburn), water-skiing, sailing, snorkelling, kayaking etc. Great food.

Comment

Working...
                      X