• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I can hardly believe this wasn't already banned

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    So, now I am to be criminalised for enjoying a little snifter on the tube on the way home because some lout cannot control himself?

I want my vote back.
    This is what happens when you vote for a Tory. They aren't actually on your side at all...

Comment

Originally posted by TheOmegaMan View Post
      This is easy to enforce with heavily-armed tube staff. For anyone with a beer can, it is a shoot to kill policy. The only problem I can see is spillage, but we could employ a couple of the turkeys on here to suck up the slops.
      tan, and an overly heavy coat for the weather
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I think all eating and drinking should be banned. and dressing like a chav.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I think all eating and drinking should be banned. and dressing like a chav.
          What am I going to wear when attending a "Chav themed" fancy dress party?

You just haven't thought it through...
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by TheOmegaMan View Post
            This is easy to enforce with heavily-armed tube staff. For anyone with a beer can, it is a shoot to kill policy. The only problem I can see is spillage, but we could employ a couple of the turkeys on here to suck up the slops.
            Jabber, you're back! The forum hasn't been the same without your clear-sighted insights. Please stick around.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              This is what happens when you vote for a Tory. They aren't actually on your side at all...

They're not on the side of people that get drunk on trains, and are thus helping the responsible people that want to travel in peace and security. There is also a health and safety issue with drinking alcohol on trains, with negotiating escalators, lifts, doors etc.
              I was on a train last week and some drunken idiot was throwing stones as he got off, and also climbed down from the platform to cross the line rather than use the bridge.
              Personally, I have never had the urge to drink alcohol on a train. Why not wait until you get to the pub? If people are too drunk to travel, then they should not be allowed on a train to upset other passengers. I was on a train from Waterloo earlier this year and a drunken passenger threw up and splattered me and another passenger in vomit.
              Boris is absolutely right with this edict to stop this disgusting, dangerous and irresponsible behaviour as far as I am concerned!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                They're not on the side of people that get drunk on trains, and are thus helping the responsible people that want to travel in peace and security. There is also a health and safety issue with drinking alcohol on trains, with negotiating escalators, lifts, doors etc.
                I was on a train last week and some drunken idiot was throwing stones as he got off, and also climbed down from the platform to cross the line rather than use the bridge.
                Personally, I have never had the urge to drink alcohol on a train. Why not wait until you get to the pub? If people are too drunk to travel, then they should not be allowed on a train to upset other passengers. I was on a train from Waterloo earlier this year and a drunken passenger threw up and splattered me and another passenger in vomit.
                Boris is absolutely right with this edict to stop this disgusting, dangerous and irresponsible behaviour as far as I am concerned!!
                Thats right - legislate, regulate and extend the remit the myriad state proxies in the name of the greater good - couldn't be any more New Labour if he tried

Have you ever travelled sober on a night bus? Its generally not the most relaxing of experiences; rarely a can in sight but an endless supply of blootered crazies. The police already have the powers to deal with public order offences - this will do nothing to address public safety.

Comment

I hope that this doesn't apply to the Thames Clippers.

The larger ones of those have a bar on board. It is all very civilised. It is just a shame my journey is so short that I have to down my drink in a couple of minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post

There can be a H & S issue about anything if some H&S w***** wants to stop people enjoying themselves. This is the UK and peple need training on how to handle getting pissed, thats all.

Nothing wrong with having a drink on a train, helps mitigate the poor and slow service. You are assuming that the drunks got drunk on the train. This is bunkum. They got drunk in pubs and clubs and are travelling home. What else should they do - drive?

Maybe we must therefore become a teetotal or islamic country in order to satisfy all those goody goody two shoes who never have any fun

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                      I hope that this doesn't apply to the Thames Clippers.

The larger ones of those have a bar on board. It is all very civilised. It is just a shame my journey is so short that I have to down my drink in a couple of minutes.
                      It doesn't

And it won't to responsible travellers on SW trains either - or any other trains.

it's the chavs he's going after - and about frackin time!
                      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                      X