• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Euro lotto

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd get a great big turnip in the country.

Pinto in - "Baldrick" mode.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod
      I was stating that your posting was tulipe - as always.
      Eloquently put you uneducated Oaf
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
        Odds for Euro lotto are quite steep

1:76,275,360

But with £77,000,000 jackpot it's got to be worth a go?
        Euro-lottery odds are far worse than the UK lottery. A mate and I worked them out for each of the prizes (there are several more than the UK lottery)and, on average, each prize was only one eightieth of what it should be, given the odds against winning it. Most mugs in Europe don't seem to know this, otherwise they would never buy any tickets. Would you back a 80-1 outsider in a horse race if all you were going to win was your stake?

Good luck though: never in - never win.

Comment

It is alleged that if you buy a single ticket for the regular lottery on a Monday, there is a greater chance that you will have died of natural causes by the draw on Saturday than that you will win the jackpot. So I reckon that by buying a ticket, DimPrawn has signed his own death warrant. Mind you, if he buys two he is almost certain to win but will probably have died by Wednesday.

And, yes, lottery winnings are tax free.

I saw a "where are they now?" documentary on jackpot winners a couple of years back. The one piece of advice they all gave in common was "don't tell anyone and just move house."

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
            Eloquently put you uneducated Oaf
            Rather a contradiction in terms there.... mefinks!
            Last edited by SupremeSpod; 28 July 2005, 09:19.

Comment

I'd but the company I work at and sack everyone. Just for a laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod
                Rather a contadiction in terms there.... mefinks!
                Wow you can use words longer than 1 syllable now I underestimated you! Were you up all last night practicing?

Bagpuss in Wonders if Spod left school at 15 <mode>
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                X