• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Room for one more on that bench?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    What does jdjdsjd stand for?
    You'll have to ask sasguru - I think he was doing a monkey-Shakespeare thing, but like Topsy, it just grew

(Although Scourer's interpretation may have some validity... )

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Nick, do you think it's really a case of them finding enough elite permies or more an adverse reaction to Microsoft walking away from that deal (as in stock levels may fall and they must cut overheads?)
      I'm not at Y! anymore - California imposed a worldwide block on contract extensions last December, but the chap who originally hired me there was just moving to another place and swooped in on me when my extension was cancelled.

In fact, he's the chap who got to lay me off today

The funniest aspect of the whole situation is reserved for those who frequent TPD... I didn't bother posting it here in General for fear of stirring up a hornet's nest of not-actually-lawyers

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Just been told by the client that, due to their having finally found enough permies with the necessary skills (they've been recruiting since January, but only the finest have been chosen), I am now surplus to requirements, and will therefore be handing back the company MacBook in two weeks

Still, I could do with a break

Sorry to hear that Nick. You'll get another contract I reckon. Seems like you know what you're talking about!

Comment

Just been told by the client that, due to their having finally found enough permies with the necessary skills (they've been recruiting since January, but only the finest have been chosen), I am now surplus to requirements, and will therefore be handing back the company MacBook in two weeks

Still, I could do with a break
          I'm waiting for similar. All contract renewals/extensions now have to go 'upstairs' and then 'upstairs' again before they are approved. I'd guess 'Mr Burns' has to sign them off himself nowadays as he needs another Ivory Back Scratcher.

Happy Hunting.

Enjoy the break.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Nick. At least you've got the weather for it!
            It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Good luck Nick, don't get any splinters from that bench

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post

Sorry to hear that Nick. You'll get another contract I reckon. Seems like you know what you're talking about!
                Originally posted by Jubber View Post
                Enjoy the break.
                Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
                Sorry to hear that Nick. At least you've got the weather for it!
                Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
                Good luck Nick, don't get any splinters from that bench
                Cheers chaps

Looking forward to spending a bit of time at home, to be honest - I can't understand why that Lenny Henry is so enraptured by Premier Inns

Comment

good luck Nick, I'm sure a man of your caliber won't stay on the bench for too long.

Just enjoy the last couple of weeks in the big smoke

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                    good luck Nick, I'm sure a man of your caliber won't stay on the bench for too long.

Just enjoy the last couple of weeks in the big smoke
                    Cheers 5X

Comment

Cheers 5X
                      and keep up the techie posting for BP

Comment

Working...
                      X