• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Daily Rates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supply seems to be exceeding demand in .Net world too.

I was turning down £400 a day in September and now with 7 months extra agile experience at an investment bank I'm struggling to find many jobs paying over £320. Some investment that was.

I went for one at £350 and the guy said I was good but someone undercut me by £100!

So stop encouraging people to move into .Net, there's enough of us already.

That's the vibes I'm getting anyway.

Comment

don't listen to Funky,

.Net's where it's at and were it will be, he's just writing nonsense to selfishly keep it for himself

Eric.

Comment

Yep go on - all of you - .Net - fill your boots.

Comment

SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP SAP etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Funkywood View Post
            I went for one at £350 and the guy said I was good but someone undercut me by £100!
            £250 in London. Would that even cover the costs of the Tube journey and lunch?

Comment

Originally posted by chicane View Post
              £250 in London. Would that even cover the costs of the Tube journey and lunch?
              Only if you were living with your mum.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

An average plumber in central London can command over £100K pa. Thats fitting taps and running tubing to a radiator.

Anyone working in IT in London on less than £400 per day is wasting their time.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  An average plumber in central London can command over £100K pa. Thats fitting taps and running tubing to a radiator.

Anyone working in IT in London on less than £400 per day is wasting their time.
                  I kind of agree but I'm earning a good rate at the moment. If I wasn't earning for a while then £300/day might seem like a reasonable number. I'm sure £300/day sounds pretty damn good to the average UK employee.

£250 however is utter tulipe.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
                    £250 however is utter tulipe.
                    Beats the bench in hard times though.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                      Beats the bench in hard times though.
                      Does it though? You have to spend a lot of time away from your family, huge commuting or housing costs in London and what's left is taxed heavily.

There comes a point where you are better of changing career to something with a future and vast pay. Only plumbing and SAP come to mind.

Comment

Working...
                      X