• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time/Tiny are no more

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW
    Read comments from BBC:

"I work for the Computer Shop which is the retail outlet for the company. We have been left totally in the dark as to what is going on. All the directors have left. We don't know if we are going to get paid or not. We have families to feed and mortgages to pay. If we do not get paid on Friday I don't know what I am going to do.
    Anonymous, Wales

I have been affected by the job losses at Time, I have worked for the company for 5 years and 3 months in total and I was informed of my job loss by text message. I have no idea if I will be able to pay my mortgage on Monday as pay has not been confirmed. My chances of keeping my house are completely shattered.
    Manager, Middlesbrough "

--

WTF, manager and counts 100% on this months paycheck?!?!?!
    AtW, not everyone earns the kind of money we do. Compare average house prices with average salary.

Spod - In "Don't be such an arrogant twat, that's my job" mode!

Comment

AtW, The manager of a small shop the size of the average Computer Shop is going to be on about 20K. The people he manages are going to be on little more than minimum wage.

They probably also get comission, they won't be seeing that, but the government does pick up the bill for the rest.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by tim123
        AtW, The manager of a small shop the size of the average Computer Shop is going to be on about 20K. The people he manages are going to be on little more than minimum wage.

They probably also get comission, they won't be seeing that, but the government does pick up the bill for the rest.
        Er, don't you mean we pick up the bill for the rest?

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
          Er, don't you mean we pick up the bill for the rest?
          As pedantic comments go, I think that takes the prize for the most pointless.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by tim123
            As pedantic comments go, I think that takes the prize for the most pointless.

tim
            It's an important point though, Tim. For example, you see surveys that say more people would support compulsory ID cards "if the government paid for it", as if there's some sort of difference. Of course, the Treasury loves this sort of attitude, i.e. the man in the street believing "the government paying for it" = free.

Comment

Working...
            X