• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone one else in London can't be arsed voting?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Can't be arsed and no.
    Well fine.

Now please kindly shut the fekk up about anything the incumbent party does that affects you, directly or indirectly.

You had a shot at the democratic process and you chose to ignore it.

If you are advocating a better system, let's hear it?

Are you going to form some kind of radical, activist group and start a revolution? or are you just going to moan on and on about everything and tell us how you can't be arsed?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
      I voted btw.
      Good for you Zippy!

and humble apologies for any gender confusion

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Achtung

Any abstentions or wasted votes can only help the incumbent, who should be reaping what he has sown over the last 8 years.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
          Good for you Zippy!

and humble apologies for any gender confusion
          No problem Bogey

I get annoyed when people won't vote particularly when you think of all those poor sods in places like Zimbabwe. At least we know that - whoever we end up with in charge - it has been a fair election and we only have ourselves to blame if we don't like the result.
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
            At least we know that - whoever we end up with in charge - it has been a fair election and we only have ourselves to blame if we don't like the result.
            I wish it were so Zippy but the postal vote thing is really out of control in major cities. Many immigrant families register postal votes and all their papers are passed up from the head of the family, to the head of the community, etc. So it's a bloc vote essentially, dictated by ethnicity or religion.

Ken knows this. That's why he has assiduously courted (nay, bought) the votes of the immigrant communities in the inner-city areas of London.

Comment

Well fine.

Now please kindly shut the fekk up about anything the incumbent party does that affects you, directly or indirectly.
              You're confusing me with someone else clearly. Don't mind being told to stfu, if I've actually opened my mouth complaining about it. But I've not.

Anyway, seems I'm pretty much on my todd in thinking this is a pisspoor choice of candidates, on this board. Though I suspect there's a very strong Boris bias in these parts. But I just canny bring myself to vote for the bumbling bufoon ...
              Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

You're confusing me with someone else clearly. Don't mind being told to stfu, if I've actually opened my mouth complaining about it. But I've not.

Anyway, seems I'm pretty much on my todd in thinking this is a pisspoor choice of candidates, on this board. Though I suspect there's a very strong Boris bias in these parts. But I just canny bring myself to vote for the bumbling bufoon ...
                WHS

Comment

I wish it were so Zippy but the postal vote thing is really out of control in major cities. Many immigrant families register postal votes and all their papers are passed up from the head of the family, to the head of the community, etc. So it's a bloc vote essentially, dictated by ethnicity or religion.

Ken knows this. That's why he has assiduously courted (nay, bought) the votes of the immigrant communities in the inner-city areas of London.
                  Sorry to burst your bubble but they're entitled to a vote, any way or means they want, like them or not. And politicians court voting blocs, that's what they do. If that annoys you, or comes as a surprise then please stop with the fecking lecturing on why I should vote and go do some research.

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

So vote for the gay ex-copper. Anything to get Mad Ken away from my council tax.
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                      So vote for the gay ex-copper. Anything to get Mad Ken away from my council tax.
                      Considering it, just the Elton John support that puts me off.

Comment

Working...
                      X