• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The calm before the storm

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this the forces of recession, now charging across the hypothetical 19th century battlefield wielding their sabres on horseback as the defence reach for their muskets only to find a receipt from the Pawn Broker. Or is it just a bit more doom mongering to brighten up the day.

Gloomy outlook
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 1 May 2008, 05:40.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...y-be-over.html

Stock markets seem to think all is fine - they have an 18 month horizon

Comment

hmmm are you sure....

He indicated that Britain is now on a knife-edge. In one direction lies an eventual recovery; in the other six months or more of even deeper financial turmoil.
        On a knife edge. Either we'll be laughing over this over our Turkeys at CHristmas, or....

Remember 1914....it all be over by Christmas....
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          hmmm are you sure....

On a knife edge. Either we'll be laughing over this over our Turkeys at CHristmas, or....

Remember 1914....it all be over by Christmas....
          It is my view that if things continue as now then Gordo/Liebour will lose the election. 1997 election lost because of corruption - but this time I think Gordo can win in 2009/2010 if he gets economy on track - and he knows it. Obviously he is a bit trapped by high commodity prices - but I do wonder if he has something up his sleeve.

Comment

I see, so if I've understood this correctly, the forces of recssion are charging; the troops have noticed that their weapons and ammunition were taken to the pawn brokers, and General Brown has issued a communique, which says.... "Think positive"
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

You seem to be forgetting that we are in the end days , the world will end this year so stop worrying.

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                You seem to be forgetting that we are in the end days , the world will end this year so stop worrying.
                Curses! When they reboot the Matrix I guess it'll be just my luck I'll be re-initialised as a tuliping Recruitment Agent.
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  I think Gordo can win in 2009/2010 if he gets economy on track
                  Yeah! After all, he's only had 10 years as chancellor, give the guy a break already! What do you expect? A miracle overnight? Sheesh.

Comment

Working...
                  X