• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2nd hand car, £20k?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Tut, tut.

Can't believe no one has mentioned the true contractors car, an Audi A3.
    Yeah, a family car and apparently can be used to pull supermodels...women just throw knickers at you...apparently!!!
    "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

They do hold their value well though , and they are easier to drive on the congested roads, thanks to the flatter torque curve.

On an average family/commuter car I'd go for diesel
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        They do hold their value well though , and they are easier to drive on the congested roads, thanks to the flatter torque curve.

On an average family/commuter car I'd go for diesel
        My advice is only consider a diesel if:

You do more than 20K miles per year
        You don't spend a lot of time in stop start city traffic
        It is a 6 or 8 cylinder diesel, not a 4 pot

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Daewoo Matiz.
          What should he do with the 19k left over?

Comment

I was looking at quite a nice 911 (or 99whatever) the other day that would give him about 2k change.
            Not much room in the back though is there?

Comment

Once you've got through the hedge backwards, the front is the back.
              Where is Mr Kane. I enjoyed his brief return the other day.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Not much room in the back though is there?
                A guy at my last gig had a 911 with a child seat in the back, I think the kid must have his own oxygen supply for when the passenger seat is put back in position.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Audi A8. Jag S Type R.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                    Audi A8. Jag S Type R.
                    WHS

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                      Audi A8. Jag S Type R.
                      Can you get those, less than 2 yrs old, low mileage fully kitted up for £20K?

Comment

Working...
                      X