• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Innocents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They won't stop until Britain is an Islamic state.
    Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Originally posted by WageSlave
      They won't stop until Britain is an Islamic state.
      That does seem to be their motivation.

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
        Meanwhile while they are attacking the Christianity they have left the rear exposed for the Islamists to take over
        I wouldn't get too wrapped up in it - For every death-cult jihadist, whether sheep, misfit, or leader, there are a hundred thousand muslims who quite like western ways and would be happy to have more.

Don't forget that for the few trying to subvert our values, there are many times more quietly embracing them. Indirectly that, I reckon, is the main reason there _are_ suicide bombers - They are the ones feeling threatened, more than we should be.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Christianity on the other hand prohibits killing completely-full stop.

"Blessed is he who takes your little children and smashes their heads against the rocks"

"O God, break the teeth in their mouths ... Let them be like the snail that dissolves into slime; like the untimely birth that never sees the sun ... The righteous will bathe their feet in the blood of the wicked."

More disturbing still for Christians and Jews, the nearest scriptural justification for suicide bombings I can think of comes from the book of Judges, where Samson pushes apart the structural supports of a temple packed with people. "Let me die with the Philistines," he prays, just before the building collapses. - Rev Dr Giles Fraser

Are these passages in the Qur'aan? No this is in the bible. Sorry which version of the bible have you been reading Chic?

Comment

More disturbing still for Christians and Jews, the nearest scriptural justification for suicide bombings I can think of comes from the book of Judges, where Samson pushes apart the structural supports of a temple packed with people. "Let me die with the Philistines," he prays, just before the building collapses. - Rev Dr Giles Fraser
            More disturbing for who? Please enlighten us as to which christian fundies have used this to justify suicide bombings?

Mailman

Comment

Thank you Mailman, the Bible apart from being filled with the commands of God is also filled with biographies and history of relevant people. By EC4N logic because say David committed adultery and had concubines that makes it ok for Christians to do the same. Hmmm go figure. Read the whole story of Samson and anyone else for that matter in the Bible you realise that - if you live by the commandments you are greatly blessed and if you do not irrespective of who you are you get punished. For the avoidance of doubt here are the Ten Commandments.

The first three commandments govern the relationship between God and humans.

"I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make for yourself a graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments."

"You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain: for the LORD will not hold him guiltless who takes his name in vain." -- The moral lesson here involves more than simply a prohibition of swearing; it also prohibits the misappropriation of religious language in order to commit a crime, to participate in occult practices, or blaspheming against places or people that are holy to God.

"Observe the sabbath day, to keep it holy, as the LORD your God commanded you. Six days you shall labor, and do all your work; but the seventh day is a sabbath to the LORD your God; in it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, or your daughter, or your manservant, or your maidservant, or your ox, or your ass, or any of your cattle, or the sojourner who is within your gates, that your manservant and your maidservant may rest as well as you. You shall remember that you were a servant in the land of Egypt, and the LORD your God brought you out thence with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm; therefore the LORD your God commanded you to keep the sabbath day."

"Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God commanded you; that your days may be prolonged, and that it may go well with you, in the land which the LORD your God gives you." - This commandment emphasizes the family as part of God's design, as well as an extended metaphor that God uses for his relationship with his creation.

"You shall not kill." - Since respect for life includes an obligation to respect one's own life and the lives of people under one's protection, it is legitimate to use force -- even fatal force -- against the threats of an agressor who cannot be stopped any other way.

"Neither shall you commit adultery." - For Catholics, marriage is a sacrament; unlike most Catholic sacraments, which are performed by a priest, in marriage, the husband and wife convey sanctifying graces upon each other. For the Orthodox, marriage is conferred by the priest, but is still seen as a sacred bond. Adultery is the breaking of this holy bond, and is thus a sacrilege.

"Neither shall you steal."

"Neither shall you bear false witness against your neighbor."

These last two commandments govern private thoughts.

"Neither shall you covet your neighbor's wife"

.." and you shall not desire your neighbor's house, his field, or his manservant, or his maidservant, his ox, or his ass, or anything that is your neighbor's."

One is forbidden to desire and plan how one may obtain that which God has given to another.
              Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
                "Neither shall you covet your neighbor's wife"
                How can you prevent such desire?
                Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Just to save you all having to read the bible, he dies in the end.

Spod.

Comment

actually he died in the middle and was resurrected and at the end he defeats the forces of evil which may or not be the side you are on Spod.

Wage - the point is you may be initially tempted but do not dwell on it as it leads you to commit the sin- to covet.

cov·et ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kvt)
                    v. cov·et·ed, cov·et·ing, cov·ets
                    v. tr.
                    To feel blameworthy desire for (that which is another's). See Synonyms at envy.

v. intr.
                    To feel immoderate desire for that which is another's.
                    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

How original chico ... another cut'n'paste! We know you're stupid .. there really is no need to try so hard proving it.

Comment

Working...
                      X