• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Innocents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chico, your initial point is an interesting and fair point, worthy of discussion. Why is it then that whenever questioned you always fall back on "go and read the Bible, I can't be bothered to explain because I understand the full picture and you don't". As well as being an example of "pride goeth before a fall" it gives others the impression you either don't know or are being equally selective yourself.

I'm sure you can cut 'n' paste a commentary that addresses these apparent disparities as I'm sure the question has been asked before.

Comment

Well Lucifer I asked a fair question and as usual the anti-Bible brigade tried to hijack it with their lies. What really annoys me is that anyone who has read the entirety of the Bible will not come back with these primary school objections. You do not critique a book without reading the entire book do you?
      Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

No, but as you have read the entire book (I assume) I think it your duty to explain rather than throw a wobbly. After all, it would be a poor book review that said "go and read and make up your own mind". It is part of one's Christian duty to spread the good word after all, otherwise there is precious little point raising the issue in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
          Well Lucifer I asked a fair question and as usual the anti-Bible brigade tried to hijack it with their lies. What really annoys me is that anyone who has read the entirety of the Bible will not come back with these primary school objections. You do not critique a book without reading the entire book do you?
          Might I take this opportunity to refer you to one of my previous posts?

Piss Off Chico

Comment

Don’t show your ignorance by picking bits out trying to prove your erroneous point.
            And that can be applied equally to you as well.

I'm debating about the meaning of the words kill and murder. They are different. I suggest you look up the Hebrew word ratsach and then you will understand.

You shall not murder vs You shall not kill. Big difference. And yet you just don't see it and all it's implications on how people will lead their daily lives.

This is not simply taking quotes out of context.

Yet again Chico, you have proved once again that you are typical of fundamentalist christians: your arrogance betrays your ignorance.
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Chico,
              You obviously have a very short memory so let me remind you how you started this thread. You said:
              We always hear Muslims condemning terrorist atrocities with phrases such as the Koran prohibits the killing of "innocents". Christianity on the other hand prohibits killing completely-full stop.
              When in fact the bible, in many places, actually encourages the killing of 'unbelievers'. Read the paasage again:
              Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT
              I'm sorry you dont like me quoting this passage but it does serve to highlight that most religions, despite frowning upon murder in general, do, alarmingly, advocate it in certain situations. Therefore, you're assertion that Christianity 'prohibits killing completely-full stop' is, like most of your assertions, complete bollox. If you disagree with my point then explain the above passage. Otherwise, do the forum a favour and feck off.

Comment

You do not critique a book without reading the entire book do you?
                It doesn't seem to have stopped you doing the same with the Koran.

Comment

I guess Chico...what you are really trying to get at and what people are ignoring because they would rather tell you to p1ss off is that the difference between the bible and the koran is that we dont have a bunch of ragheads running around the world blaming their actions on the bible.

What we do have is a bunch of ragheads running around the world justifying their murderous acts as being ok because the KORAN says its ok.

Mailman

Comment

Meanwhile while they are attacking the Christianity they have left the rear exposed for the Islamists to take over and now we are reaping the rewards of Jihad. Personally I blame the so called atheists for creating a spiritual vacuum which is now being occupied by the said Islamists. Britain had a religion which served as the foundation of Western civilisation and the freedoms and liberties we enjoy. This is now under threat and attack. I guess I need to change my moniker to Chico Londonistan.
                    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Chico, last week you were the leading light in a thread that said anyone who blames anyone other than the bombers is a terrorist appeaser/sympathiser. Now you are doing exactly the same.

The only people I blame are the bombers and their handlers. Not George Bush, not Tony Blair, not you, not me, not atheists - the bombers.

Comment

Working...
                      X