• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Uh oh! I'm in trouble!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Here's a suggestion.

Grow up and learn to communicate more effectively.

HTH.
    MF, I think Churchill is suggesting that telling someone they don't know what they are talking about is not good communication. Saying it with someone else there is even worse.

You nutter.
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      HR has told me it's cultural and effectively to shut up or find another job as the boss is always right in the US.
      This is a mark of second-rate management. Itshows especially in politics, but also in the economy: if those in charge would rather not hear bad news, they will not be so well-placed to react to it.

I suspect that contrary to the usual impression of an economic powerhouse, the US actually has a second-rate economy, boosted to own-the-world status by astounding natural wealth and a whole hell of a lot of dirty play.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
        This is a mark of second-rate management. Itshows especially in politics, but also in the economy: if those in charge would rather not hear bad news, they will not be so well-placed to react to it.

I suspect that contrary to the usual impression of an economic powerhouse, the US actually has a second-rate economy, boosted to own-the-world status by astounding natural wealth and a whole hell of a lot of dirty play.
        Having worked there I totally agree and would only add that I'm sickened by their "we work harder" attitude which is simply a lie they tell themselves so much they believe it. What they mean is "we give ourselves less official holiday time to make us seem tough but then take as much time as we need off in various ways anyway"

Comment

HR has told me it's cultural and effectively to shut up or find another job as the boss is always right in the US.
          I'm not sure you're cut out to be a permie MF. And if 'Sir' is that much of an arse couldn't you have found a subtle way of calling him a moron?

Welcome back to contractordom mate
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Isn't it obvious. It's Einstein's law of relativity. The less collective IQ the permie's have the more IQ enriched contractors are brought on board to balance things out.

Besides - haven't you heard of the phrase : Don't bite the hand that feeds?

They haven't contracted you to educate them; you're there to fix the broken magic that make their company cogs turn.

Hem

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
              I'm not sure you're cut out to be a permie MF. And if 'Sir' is that much of an arse couldn't you have found a subtle way of calling him a moron?

Welcome back to contractordom mate
              Oh. How odd. I just won the company 'Most Valuable Player' award after being nominated multiple times by the business.

My actual boss didnt nominate me!
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Oh. How odd. I just won the company 'Most Valuable Player' award after being nominated multiple times by the business.

My actual boss didnt nominate me!
                Oh dear. You work in the American version of 'The Office' ?

Comment

MF are you one of these righteous "Im just being honest" pr*cks that enjoys finding problems, exaggerating them/making them as bad as they can and then plonking them on their bosses lap with a smug self satisfied grin on his face?
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    MF are you one of these righteous "Im just being honest" pr*cks that enjoys finding problems, exaggerating them/making them as bad as they can and then plonking them on their bosses lap with a smug self satisfied grin on his face?
                    Yes.

MF

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                      Having worked there I totally agree and would only add that I'm sickened by their "we work harder" attitude which is simply a lie they tell themselves so much they believe it. What they mean is "we give ourselves less official holiday time to make us seem tough but then take as much time as we need off in various ways anyway"
                      Most permies in my team take at least 1 day a week off by the virtue of "working from home". Not that I blame them

Comment

Working...
                      X