• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Face to face interview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    No one is disputing your personal experience, but how you jump from that to

'It's perfectly normal in the UK.

:
    Because I've worked with 100s of contractors who have the same experience.

tim

Comment

I've secured two contracts with phone interviews and one with no kind of interview.

I'm not a 'support monkey'.

Oook
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I was in Berlin a few years back (Behave ! Not that far back !) when I got a call from an agent I'd never heard of.

Essentially, they were looking for people asap for a government project and he wanted to do an interview straight away, so we chatted for a while and he offered me the job.

Easy peasy !
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Some contracts are practically in the bag by the time they phone: the phone interview is just to give you a chance to screw it up, and sometimes it's kept short to minimise tht chance.

Comment

I can post, but when I try to edit, I get

You do not have permission to perform this action. Please refresh the page and login before trying again.

Cancel Changes

That's why my posts are full of typos. They're raw.

Comment

Working...
            X