• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client internet access

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by basshead View Post
    No blocking whatsoever
    Nor here Last client tho was very strict - had blocks on nearly everything except google and CUK (thankfully!) Some content was bloacked because they were related to Vehicles... WTF?!!

I guess we will have to wait until this evening, or tomorrow for most of the peeps who don't get CUK or anything to be able to vote... slightly biased right now!
    It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

*some* very few sites are blocked, I can access CUK, webmail, notworking sites and most others.

Although everynow and then the proxy throws a wobbly and gives me 500s.
      B00med!

Comment

Haven't tried the first few on the list, and I don't intend to try

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Haven't tried the first few on the list, and I don't intend to try

It's ok, some of us will try them for you. Probably take a few years to fully test the first option though...
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Wouldn't know as I use my own company laptop,
            which incidently has full HSDPA access.

Comment

Current client allows access to almost everything but monitors and checks it, then throws the book at people who accumulate offences.

Client's client, where I also have access, blocks lots of sites. One Jewish guy I worked with tried to access some innocuous Jewish site and got banner warnings for trying access a site related to "Terrorism and Race Hate"!
              Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by FarmerPalmer View Post
                Wouldn't know as I use my own company laptop,

Holistic Society Dedicated to the Provention of Acronyms?

BTW Went to Chippenham once. Couldn't find a single place that sold chips and ham. Sort it out.
                Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                Feist - I Feel It All
                Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by FarmerPalmer View Post
                  A very useful snippet there. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X