• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Denied the pleasure of beating up a couple of burglars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should have taken a photo and posted it on here!

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
      That reminds me. My brother has a set of unused chef knives (in some poncy aluminium case) in my parents loft. About time they earned their keep.
      Always handy to have under the bed - just in case
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
        I drove into another road near my house and drove up someone's drive and got out the car, pretending to walk in the front house.
        Did this not strike you as slightly odd behaviour? Did the occupants of the house ask if you'd had a nice day at the office?

Comment

Good idea, except my house is too small to swing a cat, let alone a bat.

A mate has one with "Thumper" down the side. Might see if he wants to send it on a little holiday to my place.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by up4it View Post
            Should have taken a photo and posted it on here!

I did think of that, but mobile phones are crap for taking photos in the dark, and with the light on there was too much glare from the patio door glass. Besides as soon as I put the light on they were on their toes before I could out manouver them.

A mate has a camera with a flash brighter than the sun. It blinds everyone for a few minutes when he takes photos on a night out. Even the strangers lurking in the background. Will have to find out what model it is, that'll do the trick.
            Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
              I did think of that, but mobile phones are crap for taking photos in the dark, and with the light on there was too much glare from the patio door glass. Besides as soon as I put the light on they were on their toes before I could out manouver them.

A mate has a camera with a flash brighter than the sun. It blinds everyone for a few minutes when he takes photos on a night out. Even the strangers lurking in the background. Will have to find out what model it is, that'll do the trick.
              Always best to come down the stairs with CS gas, gasmask........and big fat bat...........the shock on their faces.........no more nicking for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
                Did this not strike you as slightly odd behaviour? Did the occupants of the house ask if you'd had a nice day at the office?
                I work from home office, it was during the day, the house was unoccupied.

You are right though - not sure what I would have said if confronted. I'm wondering if they would have come out the door and pretended they didn't live there or something!

But I trust my gut instinct.
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Number9 View Post
                  Always best to come down the stairs with CS gas, gasmask........and big fat bat...........the shock on their faces.........no more nicking for them.

I've decided to park it on my neighbour's drive, seeing as they haven't moved in yet and don't look like doing anytime soon. Been empty for nearly two years and it's a newish house not some derelict wreck.

I'll pop a letter through their door apologising for any damage in advance.

The measures I have to take to get a bit of undisturbed shut eye.
                  Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                    I work from home office, it was during the day, the house was unoccupied.

You are right though - not sure what I would have said if confronted. I'm wondering if they would have come out the door and pretended they didn't live there or something!

But I trust my gut instinct.

Have some fun and ask them what the hell they are doing in your house.

Sounds like you did the right thing though.

Comment

Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
                      Have some fun and ask them what the hell they are doing in your house.

Awwwww, you see, if that scenario ever happened again, I never would have said that! I can't think as fast as that but I wish I did!
                      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                      X