• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Grand Theft Auto IV

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAH View Post
    Does the stick need to be in a particular format?
    I'm just using the default format.
    Apperently if you're using an external harddive then it does need to be in the FAT32 format.
    Put the videos in a VIDEO folder, the PS3 knows where to look then

Can you play most divx/xvid stuff? I think I read there's a recent upgrade for the PS3 to allow this?
    most stuff is fine, i've had the occasional video which will stop halfway through with an error. Not sure why this is, either bad encoding or the PS3 divx isn't the latest version (although the files i was playing when it happened were a couple of years old)
    Theres some software from redkawa which can convert files to an MP4 format for the PS3, very handy for HD mkv files which are becoming more common.

Could do with the DVD remote seeing as I sometimes hit stop when trying to pause a movie using the game controller.
    indeed
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
      You get text messages from your local computer game shop??

The most fun I had in the GTA series was getting on the super bike in GTA2 and seeing how far you'd fly when you hit a car at a junction at top speed.
      I only got it becuase I placed one of those pre order things and they take your mobile number - so now I'm going to get a text for every cr@ppy game which hits the shelves.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
        Contractor = money no object, Shirley?

The PS3 is for gamers.

The XBOX360 is for people who love FPS games.

The Wii is for non-gamers.

If you're a sad arse like me you also need an N64, SNES, MegaDrive, PC Engine, Neo Geo and Saturn.

Edit: PS2 and XBOX too, natch.
        Yes, but money isn't the issue.

IMO the Xbox360 is for gamers and the PS3 is for people who want to watch Bluray movies, the 360 also acts as media extender so you can stream Divx movies fresh from the torrent sites.

If you look at the game charts you can see the PS3 and 360 both have a pretty even spread of genres so I don't know where the 'FPS' tag came from?
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
          If you look at the game charts you can see the PS3 and 360 both have a pretty even spread of genres so I don't know where the 'FPS' tag came from?

It's the lack of adult games that makes me only barely interested in the gaming side. Compared to the PC most console games are too simple and therefore boring.

I suppose I prefer the deeper simulation stuff where it's more brain power than reaction skills that count.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
            Yes, but money isn't the issue.

IMO the Xbox360 is for gamers and the PS3 is for people who want to watch Bluray movies, the 360 also acts as media extender so you can stream Divx movies fresh from the torrent sites.

Don't get me wrong, I love 'em all. The 360 selection of games NOW is unmatched. At first, however, it traded largely on FPS games and was well known for being a console with good FPS games, but not a lot else.

The PS3 is NOT for watching Blu-Ray. Games first, then films.

I admit that the selection of games for the PS3 needs to improve, but then the 360 has been out for longer. MGS4 and Haze are coming and look very tasty indeed.
            Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

The 360 is a useless media centre, it's too blimmin noisy!
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                I'm just using the default format.
                Apperently if you're using an external harddive then it does need to be in the FAT32 format.
                Put the videos in a VIDEO folder, the PS3 knows where to look then

Theres some software from redkawa which can convert files to an MP4 format for the PS3, very handy for HD mkv files which are becoming more common.

Cheers. Will bear it in mind when I get my next fix of the US TV series that are only available to us online. Talking of which, I think Lost S4 is back tonight.
                Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                  The 360 is a useless media centre, it's too blimmin noisy!
                  HEAR HEAR!

Sorry to shout, my neighbour has his 360 on.
                  Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
                    The PS3 is NOT for watching Blu-Ray. Games first, then films.
                    As an all rounder it's unbeatable for those wanting Blu-ray. Last time I checked a stand alone blu-ray player was more than the PS3.
                    Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

As an all rounder it's unbeatable for those wanting Blu-ray. Last time I checked a stand alone blu-ray player was more than the PS3.
                      This is true.
                      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Working...
                      X