• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Life does get worse…..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hold on a minute...why are you staying in Leeds at all. Surely Manchester isn't too long a drive. I know a guy who lives in Hale and commuted to harrogate everyday for his permie job.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
      Hold on a minute...why are you staying in Leeds at all. Surely Manchester isn't too long a drive. I know a guy who lives in Hale and commuted to harrogate everyday for his permie job.
      I drive most days (live South Manchester) – takes about an hour and a quarter each way, and start finish early, so not too bad. Staying over once a week gives me a welcome break from the commute.

I also volunteer for a charity with a weekly 4 hours shift. I used to do my shift in Manchester all the time, but, with getting up early am too tired for the regular shift there, so I alternate with the Leeds base. I get to the hotel for 4pm, shower, rest up, do my shift, then 30 secs walk to the hotel. In the morning I have a 15 minute drive, and means I lie in until 6:30 instead of 5:30.

So yes, it sounds potty, but as the same cost as the fuel it breaks up the week nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
        and means I lie in until 6:30 instead of 5:30.
        Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

And I thought listening to other people's dreams was boring.......!

I nodded off mid-sentence!

T

Comment

Dear Diary

Today my underpants got stuck over my head, I thought no one would notice so I went to work anyway. My manager came over and said there was a problem with my attire, but I didn't understand because I wasn't wearing a tire.

I went to get a chicken sandwich from the vending machine but it took my money twice and only gave me a can of baked beans which I couldn't open.

What should I do?

Wilmslow

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
              I went to uni in Leeds. There was a pizza delivery place called Lucky's who did a pizza called Death by Pepperoni. The calorie count was probably in 5 figures but I've never had a better pizza
              They are still there and as tasty as ever

TM

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
                Dear Diary

Today my underpants got stuck over my head, I thought no one would notice so I went to work anyway. My manager came over and said there was a problem with my attire, but I didn't understand because I wasn't wearing a tire.

I went to get a chicken sandwich from the vending machine but it took my money twice and only gave me a can of baked beans which I couldn't open.

What should I do?

Wilmslow
                Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

The Etap was a very short walk from where I used to live. Prossies use it as a base camp, pay £35 a night then tell their bookings to come to such-and-such room.

Are you a prossie, Wilmslow? If it's time of the month that might be where the blood came from. Think like a business and charge extra for the fetish rather than just accept it like a perm.

Comment

Originally posted by Epiphone View Post
                    The Etap was a very short walk from where I used to live. Prossies use it as a base camp, pay £35 a night then tell their bookings to come to such-and-such room.

Are you a prossie, Wilmslow? If it's time of the month that might be where the blood came from. Think like a business and charge extra for the fetish rather than just accept it like a perm.
                    I assumed it might be tomato ketchup - you really have to shake those bottles hard sometimes, so it wouldn't be surprising if some ended up all over the walls and ceiling occasionally.

Comment

Originally posted by Marina View Post
                      I assumed it might be tomato ketchup - you really have to shake those bottles hard sometimes, so it wouldn't be surprising if some ended up all over the walls and ceiling occasionally.
                      I've shaken my ketchup bottle in a hotel room a few times too.

Comment

Working...
                      X