• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lucky Escapes!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Next time you visit the parents Kathy, for everyones sake, I think its best if I take you up the back alley
    Very considerate of you.
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Great thread.

I was about 21 in a rush to get to the nightclub (Harpers Guildford) so instead of waiting at the crossing 20 metres away I decided to vault the central reservation. This wouldn't have been a problem had the other side of the reservation kerb not had a camber on it. Result was when I landed I went over on my ankle and ended up on all fours with a car bearing down on me. Eyes shut and waiting for impact I even recall hearing a girl in the queue screaming "oh no!". Luckily the bloke driving had had less to drink than I had.

Comment

Originally posted by eliquant View Post
        Some kids got their mother to me and she pulled me out of the mud but in doing so I got a twisted testical.

I once got a twisted testicle at junior school. Some sort of kiss chase game. The girl that did it to me turned out to be one of the fittest at high school. She never did want to play that game again.

I suppose she had a lucky escape, she'd still be chained up in my basement, the ***** teaser!
        Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
        Feist - I Feel It All
        Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
          I once got a twisted testicle at junior school. Some sort of kiss chase game. The girl that did it to me turned out to be one of the fittest at high school. She never did want to play that game again.
          You are Charlie Brown.

AAAAAUUUUGGGGHHHH!
          Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyP View Post
            Result was when I landed I went over on my ankle and ended up on all fours with a car bearing down on me.

Very lucky. I know someone whose brother was recently very seriously injured by a taxi, after similar trying to cross a busy road whilst pissed up antics.
            Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
              You are Charlie Brown.

AAAAAUUUUGGGGHHHH!

Never really watched any, but after a very quick google, you could be right.

Tell me he gets lucky in the end and has a long memorable relationship with Kelly Brook. That is the guy she's just dumped isn't it?
              Last edited by PAH; 25 April 2008, 08:52.
              Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                But I said I wasn't available...

I'd have asked if they had any clown vacancies available. If they say no, they're obviously fully staffed at the moment.
                Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Very lucky. I know someone whose brother was recently very seriously injured by a taxi, after similar trying to cross a busy road whilst pissed up antics.
                  Yeah I was quite shaken by it. I wasn't totally pissed but had enough to make the incorrect decision not to wait at the crossing in the first place.

On the flip side at around that same time I had a young lad run out from between some parked cars right in front of me. I slammed on the anchors but he was up on the bonnet but escaped luckily unscathed. That shook me up even more I think.

I'm wondering now if it was Wilmslow?

Comment

I fell off the roof of my house (25ft) and sprained my ankle.

1 year to the date I kicked the bottom of a greenhouse while playing a game with the kids (Had an 18" piece of glass through my lower arm) I was pissed at the time and found it quite funny.

The doctors were thinking of snapping the glass whilst in my arm as it was of equal length. In the end they just pulled it out. When the nurses got round to stitching it up the anesthetic and run out. I did a "Threaded" and just told them to get on with it as I was gagging for a smoke.
                    Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

Sorry, no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't get past that.

It's the way I tell 'em
                      It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Working...
                      X