• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Exercise...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    You sir, are talking out of your arse!

Not only that, your advice is positively dangerous!
    The question was for some recomendations on low impact gym activities.

Its what my doctor and physio told me to do after dislocating my knee and it worked fine for me. Whats so dangerous about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman_1 View Post

Its what my doctor and physio told me to do after dislocating my knee and it worked fine for me. Whats so dangerous about it?
      Ok, the clue is "Reconstructive Surgery on the knee".

What you prescribed is low impact however it does put a shedload of strain on the joint!

Comment

Not all knee injuries are the same.

Which is why your advice is dangerous.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Without knowing the extent of Lucys problems, adding weights over and above her own body weight may make it far worse.

What is right for one condition doesn't make it right for another. Gotta be gentle until you know what the issue is

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            Ok, the clue is "Reconstructive Surgery on the knee".

What you prescribed is low impact however it does put a shedload of strain on the joint!
            That would be why i say nothing about the weight to put on. That is down to the strength and condition of the joint. Read the posts properly b4 you throw your toys out the pram.

Comment

Wii Fit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oNVIcMnZh4

Comment

That would be why i say nothing about the weight to put on. That is down to the strength and condition of the joint. Read the posts properly b4 you throw your toys out the pram.
                Cycling is good for the knees, the bike with the handle by you butt is best for strengthening knees if u use high resistance, seated quad machine and the squat machine where u lay on your back are all low impact on the knees. If your gym has it, there is a squat machine where u push the weight up from your seated position below which is also a good 1. You gym attendants should be able to show u what u need to do.
                Pram? Not me sunshine. Back-pedal all you want. Cycling or even squatting and standing up with just your bodyweight can damage your knees.

Do you really want to tear up your ligaments?

"Arse" and "out of" still spring to mind.

Nice try though, I thought it was a deliberate troll, not just ignorance.
                Last edited by Churchill; 22 April 2008, 15:01.

Comment

She's not in the rehab phase for the injury yet - strength exercises may not be appropriate.

IIRC - Pre-op you should be concentrating on maintaining cardio-vascular fitness (hence the swimming) rather than strength building around the knee. But, again, it depends on the injury and the nature of the surgery.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Just control your diet, and incorporate a lot of walking into your daily routine, it's not rocket science really.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
                      Just control your diet, and incorporate a lot of wa nking into your daily routine, it's not rocket science really.
                      Shirley?

It'll take the stress off the knees...

Comment

Working...
                      X