• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pensions vs standard saving accounts.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    £25M and change.

One careful owner...

Never raced or rallied.
    Bet you've clocked the bugger though!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      £25M and change.

One careful owner...

Never raced or rallied.
      I'll think about it.
      That boy go raaaaaaa
      Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

OK , after age of 55 , or whenever u retire , can you withdraw all accumulated pension in one time as a lump sum ? I.E Get it all having saved taxes but accumulated interest ?

Comment

Originally posted by Likely View Post
          OK , after age of 55 , or whenever u retire , can you withdraw all accumulated pension in one time as a lump sum ? I.E Get it all having saved taxes but accumulated interest ?
          Oh FFS.

Yes of course you can. You can spend it all on Drugs and Whores, then go cap in hand to the government to support you for the rest of your life.

Whaddya think?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            Oh FFS.

Yes of course you can. You can spend it all on Drugs and Whores, then go cap in hand to the government to support you for the rest of your life.

Whaddya think?
            If you can get it one day as a lump sum without paying taxes, then pensions are suddenly attractive option for saving long-term. I've always thought pensions are for losers..

Comment

Originally posted by Likely View Post
              If you can get it one day as a lump sum without paying taxes, then pensions are suddenly attractive option for saving long-term. I've always thought pensions are for losers..
              You don't know squat about them but you "think" they're for losers? What makes you feel that?

Comment

Please don't feed the troll!
                It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Can you imagine what would happen if "Likely" and "Lucy" bred?

Would their offspring be called "Loosely"?

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                    You don't know squat about them but you "think" they're for losers? What makes you feel that?
                    Because I've always thought all pensions are annuities. Thus you may save 20 years but then you can't be certain how long you are going to live , thus you might have saved more than you will be able to enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      Can you imagine what would happen if "Likely" and "Lucy" bred?

Would their offspring be called "Loosely"?
                      It will be called Luvly.

Comment

Working...
                      X