• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear: "more innocent people could be killed"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    Sorry, Wendigo, you've lost me now. What is your point - we should invade Leeds to demonstrate a consistent approach?
    Build a big feck off fence around Leeds & Bradford!

Spod - In "Live from the West Bank(of Yarkshire)" mode!

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod
      More "Strawberry Blonde" than red.
      Are you SURE you weren't in the RAF?

Wage in 'still suspicious' mode.
      Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Sorry, Wendigo, you've lost me now. What is your point - we should invade Leeds to demonstrate a consistent approach?
        No.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
          I agree. The point is this: we invaded Iraq and toppled Saddam Hussein for, in principle, doing essentially the same thing.
          Sorry, Wendigo, I'm still confused, What is your point?

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
            'Shoot-to-kill' policy to remain

I can understand this, but isn't it a declaration that a permanent UK police state is unavoidable?
            I long to see a day when England is a permanent police state. Maybe then we will see a time when people can stroll through parks without being attacked...you can use a money machine without fear of having your card details stolen and your bank account emptied and where agents will be viewed in the same light as car salesmen!

You are a deluded fool if you think England will ever be a police state!

Mailman

Comment

A shoot to kill policy against 'known terrorists' as was the case in Gibralta a while back, is one thing.

But a shoot to kill policy against those suspected, is something entirely different.

And a shoot to kill policy is not the same as an execution policy.

I have no particular qualms about either of these policies against known terrorists. But against suspects ... oh dear ... watch out and be careful. Be very, very careful Gt. Britain.

Comment

Sorry, Wendigo, I'm still confused, What is your point?
                Not much really, I just get the feeling that accepting you must kill innocent people to try and ensure you get the guilty is the thin end of the wedge.

How long will it be before this principle is abused, where the excuse "I thought he was a suicide bomber" is used for a convenient murder?

I find it ironic that we spent billions of pounds and many lives getting rid of Saddam Hussein, and yet we are taking another small step towards his kind of world.

The trouble is, I don't see any alternative.

Comment

Can I sue Tony Blair for forming a government in direct contradiction of my wishes? I didn't vote for him. Surely this infringes my human rights?

And can I sue him for having such an ugly wife? Being represented abroad by an ugly bint has caused me great emotional stress and humiliation.

Bring back Alan Clark! Well...not literally...
                  Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Working...
                  X