• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

what's different about working in finance?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop feeding the troll!
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

He's not very good if he's a troll.
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
        Good point. The only people that work in IT are developers
        No but fing is, most decent developers can do DBA, SysAdmin, BA and Architecture work more or less. The opposites do not hold true. So when I think about IT people I think about developers, not the service people around us.

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
          No but fing is, most decent developers can do DBA, SysAdmin, BA and Architecture work more or less. The opposites do not hold true. So when I think about IT people I think about developers, not the service people around us.
          Umm, so though I can do ops, implementations, architecture, project management, routing & switching, security, voice and some mpls, I guess I'm just not talented at all.

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

the contract market covers alot of areas.

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
              Umm, so though I can do ops, implementations, architecture, project management, routing & switching, security, voice and some mpls, I guess I'm just not talented at all.
              routing & switching? voice? my 60 year old Dad managed to set his own network up at home and he was a welder before retiring. haha. any plumb can read a book and follow instructions.

Comment

routing & switching? voice? my 60 year old Dad managed to set his own network up at home and he was a welder before retiring. haha. any plumb can read a book and follow instructions.
                You're not very good at this trolling malarky, are you?

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                  You're not very good at this trolling malarky, are you?
                  There are worse...

Bring back Chico!

Comment

I bet AussieL is a certified unix network technician.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Bring back Chico!
                      All contractors have the mark of the devil.
                      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                      X