• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why Old people should be allowed to drive

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
    But I already have one!! Maybe I could rent mine out and try to recoup some of the losses???

I don't think anyone would want one you, in particular, had "pre-used".
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

And swapping for newer models can be costly!!
      A friend of mine's got one of those compact asian ones. Not a peep out of it, and sterling service, to boot.
      The vegetarian option.

Comment

Aye, apparently the market's been flooded with cheap eastern european ones as well.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Well, maybe. I mean, she is almost new, some minor scratches and dents. Careful owner. Not asking much for her, just market prices.
          "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            Absolutley amazed he managed to flip the Fiesta.
            The first Porsche he crashed into would make an effective ramp for a Fiesta. As he was in reverse the front driving wheels would keep pushing while the back left the ground.
            Fiesta back ends lift quite easily. I remember being at Oulton Park for the BTCC watching the Fiesta support race. Down at Fosters. First lost it and stopped on the track facing the right way. The next 6 just couldn't stop. The result was all the front 6 with their rear wheels parked on the bonnet of the car behind very funny.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              Aye, apparently the market's been flooded with cheap eastern european ones as well.
              They are never cheap. Ever.
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

You should try renting one, it saves doing it all "by hand"...
                "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                  I must admit, I have noticed my dear old mother having a propensity to drive into the kerb every 3 seconds....it's rather alarming.

A friend's mum is just as bad. Every time I see her she seems to have her car in for repairs from bumping into people, but it's never her fault.

What annoys me is people like her get away with hitting the curbs in their cheapo steel wheeled cars, but only yesterday I discover I've got a buckled alloy wheel (that's going to cost £180 to replace) from all the damn pot holes and sunken manholes.
                  Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                  Feist - I Feel It All
                  Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

You should try renting one, it saves doing it all "by hand"...
                    I've got a bank-friendly model. Generates more than it consumes.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

I've got a bank-friendly model. Generates more than it consumes.
                      Ah, I see. You prefer doing it by hand!!! Each to their own.....

Comment

Working...
                      X