• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why Old people should be allowed to drive

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutley amazed he managed to flip the Fiesta.

The <ahem> showroom (read backstreet garage) is at the bottom of a quite narrow road with a tight turning at the bottom. So old Jack can't have been going that fast.

"I just don't know what happened except that I lost control as I was reversing and suddenly I had hit the cars.

"The next thing I knew I was hanging upside down in my car thanking my lucky stars I was still alive.
    yeah right....

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      Absolutley amazed he managed to flip the Fiesta.

The <ahem> showroom (read backstreet garage) is at the bottom of a quite narrow road with a tight turning at the bottom. So old Jack can't have been going that fast.

yeah right....
      Actually quite easy to end-over a front wheeled drive car when going fast in reverse, all to do with "flip angles".

There was one in the UK papers a few weeks ago where the car hit a roundabout going backwards and ended up embedded in a first floor flat about 80m down range.

People forget how much energy is stored up in a moving car.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Beacuse I live about 7 miles from the south coast the local paper is often running, pensioner drives of cliff stories with comical regularity

Most of them seem to be driving autos and then forget they have a brake pedal

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
          ...I'm glad that my partner does the cooking too.....mind you once he starts work (in 2 weeks time) I'll be sharing the washing up.
          Sadly, no dishwasher

I have a dishwasher, but she also does the ironing and the cleaning...quite econoimical too...
          "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
            I have a dishwasher, but she also does the ironing and the cleaning...quite econoimical too...
            Not sure you've factored in the true cost of ownership there mate.

Comment

Not sure you've factored in the true cost of ownership there mate.
              Yeah, I am guessing it will cost more in the long run!!!
              "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Plus there's the depreciation in value as it gets older to think about.

Comment

Plus there's the depreciation in value as it gets older to think about.
                  And swapping for newer models can be costly!!

Comment

Maybe you should think about renting one of them as and when you need one.

Comment

Maybe you should think about renting one of them as and when you need one.
                      But I already have one!! Maybe I could rent mine out and try to recoup some of the losses???

Comment

Working...
                      X