• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Skin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<connery>shurely shome mishtake</connery>

Comment

sorted, will get on to the other suggestions ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator
        sorted, will get on to the other suggestions ASAP
        How about my suggestion to include the laughing smiley from the ezboard collection?
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Oh and Administrator ...

...what-about a special section with all the original smileys a kind of "Smilies classic" section.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

and a blowey

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
              Giving the bloke on the corner who burns rubbish in his back garden all day every day a good kicking.
              Good point that, one of my friends has asthma. People who burn rubbish like that deserve executing for all the pain and suffering they heap on others.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                Good point that, one of my friends has asthma. People who burn rubbish like that deserve executing for all the pain and suffering they heap on others.
                It was widely believed in my neighbourhood that there was a local bye-law prohibiting the burning of rubbish between 6am and 6pm. On querying with the council they said not so and people can burn whatever they like (as long as it's legal to burn it, e.g. no asbestos) whenever they like as long as it's on private property.

They said they would send the bloke a leaflet on "Being a Good Neighbour". Ra-ra.

Comment

I've said it before, but can you introduce a way of hiding the smilies on the right when composing a post? On the old board it was possible to do that. On the new board, every time a new post is being written a full compliment of dancing, multi-coloured smilies appears to the world.
                  Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
                    It was widely believed in my neighbourhood that there was a local bye-law prohibiting the burning of rubbish between 6am and 6pm. On querying with the council they said not so and people can burn whatever they like (as long as it's legal to burn it, e.g. no asbestos) whenever they like as long as it's on private property.
                    Your council is not telling the whole truth. You can burn what you like when you like (so long as you're not in a smoke control zone) unless it is causing a statutory nuisance. In which case the council can serve an enforcement notice to get them to stop. Threaded’s mate might have a valid case, assuming he lives in the present day and not back in the choking smog of the 1950’s (you can never be to sure with Threaded).

Comment

Originally posted by planetit
                      Your council is not telling the whole truth. You can burn what you like when you like (so long as you're not in a smoke control zone) unless it is causing a statutory nuisance. In which case the council can serve an enforcement notice to get them to stop. Threaded’s mate might have a valid case, assuming he lives in the present day and not back in the choking smog of the 1950’s (you can never be to sure with Threaded).
                      Ah, sounds like Mrs Lucifer might have been given the old local council fob off. Basically the guy has a bonfire going all day, from dawn to dusk, every single day. The council said there was nothing they could do about it, although they agreed to send the guy a leaflet on how to be a good neighbour. Possibly a written complaint from several like-minded neighbours might acheive more.

Comment

Working...
                      X