• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Google is God

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google is God

Discuss, or better yet - abuse Chico

XMLHttpRequest

Do you like the Google beta that uses the XMLHttpRequest?
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
      Do you like the Google beta that uses the XMLHttpRequest?
      Which one, the maps thingy with AJAX in it or the one that shows dynamic list with expected matches while you type?

Comment

Maybe I should have said Betas.

I'm getting to quite like that little doo-da
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

You will need to be more specific threaded -- we are many steps down the evolution ladder than you and thus can't read minds

Comment

Atw - I have heard your cry for help. What can Uncle Chico do for you tonight?
            Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
              Atw - I have heard your cry for help. What can Uncle Chico do for you tonight?
              Answer the question: Is Google God?

If not, then can that other God, if it exists, to return relevant matches from billions of pages within fraction of a second?

Comment

Atw - you really are bored!! Don't you have a girlfriend?
                Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
                  Atw - you really are bored!! Don't you have a girlfriend?
                  That was a simple question Chico: I know your God can turn water into whine (ale would be better) and feed a crowd of people with 3 loafs of bread. However there is plenty of whine and bread these days, so I am asking if your God could do something that's of real value these days or not.

So, just simple yes or no: can God search for relevant pages faster and more accurately than Google?

Comment

Well according to some who should know (aka religious nuts) the internet is the devils tool. Now if this is the case i doubt god can even log on

Comment

Working...
                    X