• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I though killing squirrels was allowed?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    There is no point even contempting killing squirrels where I live. Some others will just replace them. The same with foxes.......
    I am contemplating holding those vermin in contempt

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
      I wouldn't dream of killing any wild creature. I'd let nature do it for me when a predator arrives or the creature breeds so much that the environment is unable to support the numbers.
      What like a car?

Urban foxes, squirrels and parakeets don't have any predators.

Likewise neither do the deer or rabbits in the parks near me hence the reason they are culled.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Depends on if they were killed humanely or not

Can't tell you how many I've shot over the years - Greys of course.

I've eaten a fair few as well. - Squirrel Korma is lovely.

They are a nuisance - rip the bark from trees, and egg the eggs from songbird nests, and of course qas their numers increase, as does their territory and red squirrel numbers decrease.

Therefore I shoot them for conservation.

OK for every one I shoot another comes in, but then I shoot that one as well - and thats less to move into red territory and more chance for the songbirds.
        Last edited by FarmerPalmer; 10 April 2008, 18:48.

Comment

Working...
        X