• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Americans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Yes American footwear is pretty piss poor
    Well spotted, you pedantic git.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      I've worked for a few American companies.

They were ok, better than the Brits.

The Septics only get about 14 days hols in the states anyway... and then don't take them all.

And they seem to be under the impression that Wales is part of England.

Which does tend to upset the natives around here.
      It is isn't it? I thought it was formally annexed in the 16th Century?
      Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

I also found them fat.
        HTH
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

My brother has worked with large corporate law firms and internet companies in the USA and these are the differences from what he told me.

They work longer hours.

They takes much less holidays.

Its more cut throat.

They tend to use phrases like 'have a cow' in big corporate meetings.

They expect employers to have left all their going out on the piss days behind them by the time they start in the working world. i.e joking about having a hang over at work will be looked down upon rather than laughed about by bosses/co workers.

They are quite easy to underestimate.

Comment

It's England and Wales.... it's still a separate country... ruled by our very own, er...., you know what.
            lizard monster?

Comment

The Septics only get about 14 days hols in the states anyway... and then don't take them all.
              An American I spoke to at the hotel bar in Eindhoven a few weeks ago told me something which made me laugh..

The Dutch take such long holidays over the summer (4 weeks off is not uncommon) that their American co-workers, who only get 10 days holiday a year, are paid less and have much less employment rights have to be flown over to cover for them
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
              X